Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Beretta Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   PX4 Storm Compact won't field strip.....? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/px4-storm-compact-wont-field-strip-91999/)

SurfGuitar 06-08-2013 10:14 PM

PX4 Storm Compact won't field strip.....?

Got the wife a new PX4 Storm Compact in 9mm, took it out today for the first time.....
Following the instruction manual I attempted to field strip it to clean, and I just can't seem to get the slide to break loose and move forward. Made several attempts, I hear a click when I engage the disconnect buttons on both sides of the frame, the slide moves about a 1/16th of an inch forward, and no matter how much I push, wiggle, or pull, the slide will not come off......

Is there a secret trick to these guns that I don't know about.....?

Is it possible that it's a manufacturing defect......?

Of all the semi-auto handguns I've owned or still own, I've never had a problem breaking them down, or re-assembling them, but this one's got me perplexed......:confused:

Any and all suggestions welcomed.......

MisterMcCool 06-08-2013 11:24 PM

Pull the disconnect out.

SurfGuitar 06-09-2013 12:13 AM

Thank you sir, but that video is for the subcompact, the compact has a small button on both sides of the frame that has to be pulled down, then push the slide forward.....:confused:

Wiseman3 06-09-2013 12:19 AM

I recommend you look it up on YouTube and see if you're missing something. if your not, take it to the shop you bought it and see if they can help.

mountainman13 06-09-2013 12:26 AM

Do you have to pull the trigger? I'm not familiar with the gun.

SurfGuitar 06-09-2013 01:41 AM

I viewed the YouTube videos before posting here gentlemen, I also read, and re-read the manual prior to posting, I'am doing exactly what both the manual and the YouTube videos say to do, the slide is not releasing....

I posted this to find out if this is a common problem with this firearm, if there is a special trick to it, or if this may be a manufactured defect in this particular gun. Otherwise the gun functions perfectly, but sooner or later I'll have to break it down to clean.......

AR10 06-09-2013 05:07 AM

I gun that acts outside of normal in any measure is malfunctioning and should be addressed prior to shooting again. Whatever is keeping it from being able to break down normally, might just grenade in the next round fired. IMHO, I would not shoot that gun again till you figure out what is wrong with it. As a range safety officer, I think my opinion would be shared by other RSOs. Get it looked at before you use it gain. Better safe than getting casts on your stump fingers.

mountainman13 06-09-2013 11:25 AM

Lesson learned.
When you purchase a gun, have the person in the store walk you through disassembly etc. if they can't walk you through the basics, you probably shouldn't buy it from them.

robocop10mm 06-10-2013 03:26 PM

Is the magazine still in it?

SurfGuitar 06-11-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 1272837)
Is the magazine still in it?

I've never owned a semi-auto handgun...(or rifle)... that I would even try to break down with the magazine still inserted.....!!!