You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum >

PX4 Storm (.45acp) and semi-wadcutters...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default PX4 Storm (.45acp) and semi-wadcutters...?

In the next couple of weeks I'll be acquiring a new PX4 Storm full size in .45acp.
In years past I did a lot of Bullseye shooting and have approx 600 rounds of 200Gr. semi-wadcutters I loaded for Bullseye competition that I shot through a Kimber Limiter Edition Target Match. That gun is being sold to a friend but I'm keeping the ammo.
I'm wondering from those who have the .45acp Storm if you have ever tried shooting semi-wadcutters through it, and did you have any feeding problems with them........?

600 rounds is a lot of reloads, especially when you make them on a single stage press, I'd hate to think they wouldn't work with this new pistol.....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #2

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts

Try them...them you will know. They're reloads...no one makes them exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 08-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp7162 View Post
Try them...them you will know. They're reloads...no one makes them exactly the same.
200Gr. semi-wadcutters come in two basic forms, short nose, and long nose. My Kimber eat the long nose wadcutters all day, every day without a single stove pipe. It hated the short nose wadcutters and gave me all kinds of feeding problems. The ammo I have is of the long nose variety so I'm confident they will feed, but I was hoping someone on the forum who has a full size Storm in .45acp and possibly tried feeding it semi-wadcutters would chime in......

Either way jimmyp I will try them when I get the pistol......