Px4?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > Px4?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 02:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Px4?

I have a revolver now, and I'd like to add an automatic to my arsenal. Lol...I have it narrowed down to the PX4. Good choice? If you had to do it over again, would you still choose the PX4?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 118 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Would choose it again and again and again.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:30 AM   #3

Liked 634 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 1824

The Px4 is a nice pistol, but I HATE the stupid safety. It completly ruins the gun for me. Flip up to fire is opposite of almost every other pistol, add that to the fact that its frame mounted as well.
I also dont understand why Beretta didnt make it to use the M9/92 mags. So now rather than buy milspec mags for what? $15 each? You have to buy new mags for upwards of $35 each.

If it used M9/92 mags, had no manual safety, and had a frame mounted de-cocker I think I'd be in love. But, for now I'll stick the the M&P and XDm.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:59 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1844 Times on 1263 Posts
Likes Given: 672

I would shoot an M&P and a Glock before I committed to a Px4. I really like the 92fs but the decocker behind my thumb is a major PITA. The decocker is something you will never get used too. I had a Ruger P95 that has a similar decocker. I never got used to the decocker.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 07-11-2014, 03:20 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 553 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default I agree with John Deer

The Beretta is nice but I think you get more for your money with the GLOCK or S&W.

What model where you thinking, full size, compact ?

For just slightly more money (not much), try the CZ 75B or CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical...THAT is what a 9mm handgun should feel like..

I am biased, I own the tactical. Had the Beretta (brand new) and sold it in 3 days.

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Old 07-11-2014, 03:21 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2211 Times on 1546 Posts
Likes Given: 1147

God meant the decocker to be where SIG places it. I could never figure out why anyone, who is not an orangutan, would want a decocker on the back of the slide.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:35 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 553 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
God meant the decocker to be where SIG places it. I could never figure out why anyone, who is not an orangutan, would want a decocker on the back of the slide.
That description made me laugh out loud !!! I pictured Clyde from the Clint Eastwood movie, Every which way but loose...

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-11-2014, 04:28 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Right turn Clyde!! Lol ...I've never shot an automatic before, so the positions of the safety and decocker won't feel awkward because I don't have anything to judge it against. It would be about just learning how to deal with them where they are at. I'm looking at the full size PX4, and all I find are good reviews. Hell, out here in CA, I called 8 different gun shops, and all of em were sold out!!

Old 07-11-2014, 04:39 AM   #9

Liked 336 Times on 188 Posts

I don't like the PX4. Does nothing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 07-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

While not my primary firearm I would never sell mine. Thousands of rounds and never a malfunction even with reloads. Takes a while to get used to the sights but once you do. Very accurate.