Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Beretta Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   Px4? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/px4-108577/)

Deigoboy 07-11-2014 02:01 AM

Px4?

I have a revolver now, and I'd like to add an automatic to my arsenal. Lol...I have it narrowed down to the PX4. Good choice? If you had to do it over again, would you still choose the PX4?

LikeABoss 07-11-2014 02:17 AM

Would choose it again and again and again.

kryptar19 07-11-2014 02:30 AM

The Px4 is a nice pistol, but I HATE the stupid safety. It completly ruins the gun for me. Flip up to fire is opposite of almost every other pistol, add that to the fact that its frame mounted as well.
I also dont understand why Beretta didnt make it to use the M9/92 mags. So now rather than buy milspec mags for what? $15 each? You have to buy new mags for upwards of $35 each.

If it used M9/92 mags, had no manual safety, and had a frame mounted de-cocker I think I'd be in love. But, for now I'll stick the the M&P and XDm.

John_Deer 07-11-2014 02:59 AM

I would shoot an M&P and a Glock before I committed to a Px4. I really like the 92fs but the decocker behind my thumb is a major PITA. The decocker is something you will never get used too. I had a Ruger P95 that has a similar decocker. I never got used to the decocker.

Defiant_one 07-11-2014 03:20 AM

I agree with John Deer

The Beretta is nice but I think you get more for your money with the GLOCK or S&W.

What model where you thinking, full size, compact ?

For just slightly more money (not much), try the CZ 75B or CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical...THAT is what a 9mm handgun should feel like..:D

I am biased, I own the tactical. Had the Beretta (brand new) and sold it in 3 days.

Mercator 07-11-2014 03:21 AM

God meant the decocker to be where SIG places it. I could never figure out why anyone, who is not an orangutan, would want a decocker on the back of the slide.

Defiant_one 07-11-2014 03:35 AM

Thank you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator (Post 1602696)
God meant the decocker to be where SIG places it. I could never figure out why anyone, who is not an orangutan, would want a decocker on the back of the slide.

That description made me laugh out loud !!! I pictured Clyde from the Clint Eastwood movie, Every which way but loose...

Deigoboy 07-11-2014 04:28 AM

Right turn Clyde!! Lol ...I've never shot an automatic before, so the positions of the safety and decocker won't feel awkward because I don't have anything to judge it against. It would be about just learning how to deal with them where they are at. I'm looking at the full size PX4, and all I find are good reviews. Hell, out here in CA, I called 8 different gun shops, and all of em were sold out!!

indy36 07-11-2014 04:39 AM

I don't like the PX4. Does nothing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

infidel686 07-11-2014 08:28 AM

While not my primary firearm I would never sell mine. Thousands of rounds and never a malfunction even with reloads. Takes a while to get used to the sights but once you do. Very accurate.