Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > New 92FS inox owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 186 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welderman30 View Post
Bought my first 92fs inox yesterday. I love the looks and feel of this pistol. Can anyone give me any upgrade suggestions. Just something that can dress it up a little or some "must do" functional upgrades.

Young man,(or old man)you don't need to jump right into all that stuff right away. Shoot it the way you bought it for a while, get used to it and break it in. You did say that you love the looks and feel of this pistol. get good with it the way it comes before you add all that functional upgrade stuff.( see, "stuff", and read,"crap) Do you need all that stuff, or just want it so you can make your club look bigger than the other guys, clubs? Makes more of an impression if you can shoot well with the thing. I love this pistol. All I had tacticool on mine were the glow in the dark Tritium sights. Those are pricey, and the only reason they were on it was that it was a police department turn-in. I did not need them, and my wife said that in a dark room, they almost lit up my face like a target

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Last edited by HM2Grunt; 10-01-2013 at 05:42 AM.
no1home Likes This 
Old 10-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #12

HM2Grunt you are right. I guess i was just sending out a feeler to see what the most popular upgrades/complaints there were. I finally got to shoot a couple mags on sunday. From 10 yards this pistol is awesome. I still need A LOT more range time to get even more comfortable with it. 9mm ammo is still hard to find in my area and pricey if you do find it. I would like to keep what i have stocked for a rainy day.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #13

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Only thing I've wanted on my Beretta was a good trigger job. But break her in first......get to know her a bit first.

The only thing I have to do on my Glocks are upgrading to tritium sights. Everything else is just personaly stuff, not reliability or function modifications. I'm kinda curious what JonM is refering to, but that belongs on a different thread.

Gatoragn Likes This 
Old 10-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #14

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfusatf View Post
Good luck with new gun, I have the 92fs great gun only upgrade are new grips.
If you have big hands, these Hogue grips are great. I've got

them on my 92.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #15

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 16

One person mentioned it already. A very simple spring replacement will ease the DA spring pull a bit for a touch more accuracey. Its called the D spring and its a 5 minute modification. Other than that just shoot it like everyone else is saying. Ihave several 92's all different and I love them all.

I have spent a lot of money on guns bullets and holsters... The rest I have just squandered...