Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Beretta Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   New 92FS inox owner (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/new-92fs-inox-owner-97139/)

Welderman30 09-16-2013 03:26 PM

New 92FS inox owner

Bought my first 92fs inox yesterday. I love the looks and feel of this pistol. Can anyone give me any upgrade suggestions. Just something that can dress it up a little or some "must do" functional upgrades.

trip286 09-16-2013 03:42 PM

The Beretta 92 in all its variants is a fine gun on its own. Maybe look into some bling (grips, shiny parts), and maybe consider some sighting options if you so choose. Likely a polymer recoil spring guide rod in that one, which will work just fine, but some people like to upgrade to a steel one. I believe there's a kit that will allow 1911 style "cocked and locked" carry, but I could be mistaken. As always, I'm sure there are myriad trigger upgrades on the market, but I always found the trigger to be just fine on its own for what it is.

There's not just a HUGE aftermarket for these guns because it's simply not really needed.

Welderman30 09-16-2013 03:58 PM

I've read about the guide rod and already checked it out on beretta's web site. Probably gonna make that purchase soon. I was also looking at a adjustable rear sight. I want to shoot it first(it was raining at my house yesterday) to see if it is a necessary upgrade.

trip286 09-16-2013 04:00 PM

You'll likely find it dead on accurate within reasonable pistol distances.

Ever wonder why not so many people talk about these? Because there ain't much to bitch about! ;)

JonM 09-16-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welderman30 (Post 1373721)
I've read about the guide rod and already checked it out on beretta's web site. Probably gonna make that purchase soon. I was also looking at a adjustable rear sight. I want to shoot it first(it was raining at my house yesterday) to see if it is a necessary upgrade.

The plastic guide rod is superior to the metal one. It prevents binding of the spring under severe dirt conditions.

For the op, there is nothing that needs to be done to a 92 to improve it. You can change grips if you want but all you need is a cleaning kit, holster, and ammo. There are lots of aftermarket addons but none of them improve the gun. Its not like a glock that needs a complete overhaul to run right....

Chainfire 09-16-2013 09:02 PM

I found no need to change mine from the way it came from the factory. It is one of those things that just work.

fordracing 09-16-2013 11:30 PM

Can we see some pix? 92 was my first gun along time ago. Traded it. Kind of miss it.

noveskenuck 09-22-2013 04:21 AM

Lol at the glock comment. My 92A1 was perfect. Just having difficulty finding a holster. As for the glock comment my G22 never need any tweeking.

TheSadPanda 09-29-2013 06:10 AM

If you absolutely have to change something, get a D spring and the skeletonized hammer. Looks better and improves the trigger pull.

jrfusatf 09-30-2013 02:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good luck with new gun, I have the 92fs great gun only upgrade are new grips.