Nano Info/input
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > Nano Info/input

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default Nano Info/input

I am waiting on my Nano. And since there's a new Beretta forum I wanted to build it a bit with a few questions on accessories.

For those that own and concealed carry a Nano; what is in your opinion on the best IWB holster for it? I am considering an IWB tuckable style from Old Faithful seen here, but considering the light weight of the Nano, is such a large holster necessary to spread the weight out or can I do with well with a more simple IWB holster like the Remora here?

Also regarding ammo. I read a few threads and saw some YouTube videos that claim issues using 115 grain ammo, but the reviews on paper claim no such issues. However they all claim that the Nano eats up higher end and 124 grain heavier ammo. What has been the experience of Nano owners on the FTF?

Given its use (concealed carry for personal protection at closed range) I don't see a benefit in swapping out the sights or adding extended magazines or laser aiming devices. Anything else you would consider necessary?

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Indont carry or own one but i would suggest running a couple hundred rounds through it clean it then test the carry ammo you want to use. In smaller barrel length ccw guns the heavier bullets sometimes work better than lighter ones in reliability. Just depends on the gun.

As for accessories holster an extra mag or two ammo and an extra recoil spring. Smaller the gun the faster the spring wears out which leads to feed issues

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I carry one and I find it to be a great gun. I have several holsters and my 2 favorites are a Galco leather made for the G26 and an IWB kydex made by White Hat Holsters called a max tuck. In the cooler months when I have a heavey shirt or sweatshirt it outside the belt. Warmer months it is IWB. Both very comfortable.

As far as ammo is concerned there have been many reports of people experiencing FTE's with cheap 115 grain ammo when they are new. After 300 - 400 rounds they seem to shoot anything you feed it. I shot 124 grain Nato rounds when mine was new and never had an issue. Break it in with the 124 and you will love that little gun.

I have spent a lot of money on guns bullets and holsters... The rest I have just squandered...

Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I compared it to a ruger lc9. I was a little bit bigger, but felt like it weighed twice as much. I'm a fan of beretta. But I won't be buying the nano because of that

Old 01-16-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I checked out the nano, lc9 and kahr pm9 a while back when looking to purchase a new firearm. instead I opted to buy a full size 1911.

But I was fortunate to have won the Nano during the FTF Holiday giveaway so I am super stoked. But when I was checking them out I found the lc9 to have quite a bit of snap when firing and while I found the pm9 a bit heavy I also found i had a bit of a hard time with follow up shots. I didn't get to actually shoot the Nano but I do own an 84f and have never had a single issue with it. So I'm looking forward to getting and putting it through its paces. Though I have to say from what i have seen, there are more good reviews than bad about it.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Just bought ths nano, for my wife today she loves it

Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by combateffective4
Just bought ths nano, for my wife today she loves it
How does it shoot?

Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #8

I got a Nano 2-3 months ago after putting 300 or so round of 115 white box through it... It'll eat anything, it's just really tight when you first get it and I did experience some stovepipes FTF. Now it runs like a machine and is great.

Just waiting on the mag extensions to become available to convert my 2 existing mags and grab another... As soon as they go up though they are gone.

I'd like the nighttime sights but honestly any issues at night where I'd have to discharge my weapon are going to be St such close quarters I could possibly get away with point shooting.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

K33viper is it your CCW? If so what's your method of carry and what holster do you use?

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
K33viper is it your CCW? If so what's your method of carry and what holster do you use?

It is my main CCW, I carry IWB Crossbreed MiniTuck. Really comfortable and barely notice it's there.