Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Beretta Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   Nano (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/nano-86333/)

Corbs90 03-12-2013 12:47 AM

Nano

Looking for advice on the Nano. I've held it at the store, but I didn't feel that great to hold. I'm looking for a good concealed weapon and also an alternate/back-up duty weapon. Duty weapon is a glock 22.

mountainman13 03-12-2013 01:02 AM

If it doesn't feel right, it isn't.
Welcome to FTF.

CA357 03-12-2013 01:29 AM

This^^^

Welcome here. I love your avatar. ;)

drvsafe 03-12-2013 01:51 AM

Have to agree with above.

I have to say though that I very much like mine. I added a Talon Grip to it and it was far more comfortable with follow up shots.
I'd say give it a shot at the range before you dismiss it. The Nano is surprisingly easy on recoil so you may like the feel more after you shoot it.

Corbs90 03-12-2013 10:19 AM

Thanks for the advice. I may look into the grips. It has worked for me in the past. Thanks again.

drvsafe 03-12-2013 12:26 PM

The very aggressive front strap checkering on the Nano was a cause of much discomfort for me. The Talon grip reduced it but still have me a great surface on which to grip.

Jagermeister 03-12-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbs90 (Post 1172735)
Looking for advice on the Nano. I've held it at the store, but I didn't feel that great to hold. I'm looking for a good concealed weapon and also an alternate/back-up duty weapon. Duty weapon is a glock 22.

Ok, I get this question all the time. Stick with what you know. Your back up should be the same caliber as your primary handgun. You are familiar with the ballistics and abilities of this round, and you only need to carry one caliber on your person. Also, you should stick with the same weapon type. Familiarity is needed in a gunfight. They say to beware the man with one gun, this is almost the same since you have the same type of gun. So I would buy a Glock 23 or .40 "baby" Glock. I know this will shock some of the people who read my other posts (I am not a Glock fan), but it makes sense. It really does.

JCANNON 03-12-2013 12:58 PM

Hk p2000sk... Comes in 9mm and .40 (i believe 10 and 9rounds respectively). It also accepts its big brothers mags. You can use the factory pinky extension and get a tight 3fingers in there (I have huge hands), or get the mag flush and get 2fingers. Either way the recoil is manageable with the type of recoil system hk has (recoil buffer and locked breech). They have it in da/sa or dao (lem-law enforcement modification). Also has no safety like your glock. and it being an hk, it should last you your whole life.

Corbs90 03-12-2013 04:58 PM

Keeping the same ammunition in both weapons would be nice. I've thought a lot on doing that. Ill go ahead and do some research on some compact .40 including the one mentioned. Thanks

drvsafe 03-12-2013 06:11 PM

BTW, the rumor is that there is to be a .40 version of the Nano. Don't know how long or if it's even true. the cool thing of the Nano is that the sub-chassis is serialized so you can swap out the frame and slide easily.