Do beretta's scratch easy?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum >

Do beretta's scratch easy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Default Do beretta's scratch easy?

Most of the time when I see a Beretta it is scratched. My friends girlfriend has one and it's scratched. And she has lots of other guns that she treats the same way and none of them get scratched.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2015, 03:02 PM   #2

Liked 3268 Times on 1944 Posts
Likes Given: 829

Which model of Beretta? How is it used? Carried? In what kind of holster?

I've got a 92FS that I bought around 1991-92 timeframe. I carried it for awhile in a leather holster, but found it bulky for CCW use. Have carried it in a Cordura holster backpacking and hunting. It has some wear on the high spots but is actually holding up nicely for a 20something year old pistol. I've also got a 21a that has had a lot of pocket carry in a soft pocket holster. It is just about as old. It seems to have a simple Parkerizing on the slide and barrel, where the 92 is coated. It shows more scratches.
My wife has a Beretta 85 that has hardly been carried, and has done its primary duty as her night stand gun. It looks brand new.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7325 Times on 3902 Posts
Likes Given: 574

i dragged an m9 through almost 5 years of military field exercises and patrol duty only holster wear from banging around in hmmvw's. ive never noticed my civvy owned m9a1 or military issue m9 being particularly delicate.

ive been rather impressed by how well the berretta finish holds up.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 10-04-2015, 05:39 PM   #4

This is what I'm used to seeing on issued M9s as far as wear and scratches go.

Do beretta's scratch easy? - Beretta Forum

Old 10-04-2015, 09:13 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7325 Times on 3902 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
This is what I'm used to seeing on issued M9s as far as wear and scratches go.

we had a couple m1911 in our arms room that were in use since ww1 made their way to hawaii for the creation of the 25th id then saw service in ww2 korea and vietnam and looked far worse than that m9 and still shot fine.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 10-04-2015, 10:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
we had a couple m1911 in our arms room that were in use since ww1 made their way to hawaii for the creation of the 25th id then saw service in ww2 korea and vietnam and looked far worse than that m9 and still shot fine.
I think the Beretta in the picture looks pretty good for an issue sidearm. Carried many days, probably turned over on watch several times a day. That's just honest wear. I'll see if I can find a pic of one of the MEU/SOC 1911s that inspired me on my Springfield 1911 customizing.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:33 PM   #7

There it is. And that is after having the slide replaced with a Springfield slide and a refinish. Those old 1911s had a lot of milage and rebuilds on them. But they were all business and worked well.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:47 PM   #8

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Beretta 92 variants are the one gun I will not buy online or sight unseen.

I have owned many, many of these guns over the years - at some shops, I have literally had to go thru all their backstock(sometimes up to 8-10 of them) to find one that is scratched up the least. I always wonder what the heck Beretta does to their guns prior to putting them into the box.

Out of 26 92 variants, I have only received ONE that I could say was flawless. Even if the gun isn't scratched, quite often the small parts on them are. I've bought a 92 more than once, and then changed out either the trigger bar or disassembly lever with a new one, in order to have a nice looking new gun more than once.

he finish is also very easy to scratch yourself. I can put a permanent scratch on the gun with just my fingernail.

Now, if the 92 is going to be a carry gun - I don't care too much when I buy it if it has some marks on it. But if it's just one for the collection - I do care