BerettaUSA IWB hybrid 64.00
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > BerettaUSA IWB hybrid 64.00

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default BerettaUSA IWB hybrid 64.00

Anyone have any experience with the Beretta name brand IWB hybrid holster from the beretta website? It looks sharp and comfortable. It is between this one and the Shielded holster double phalanx. Please save any, " the 92fs is too big to conceal stuff". ;-)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I just went to the Beretta website to look at it. It looks okay to me. I don't use a hybrid, so I'm not the best judge. Many folks here seem to love the Crossbreed holsters.

I prefer leather, so I use a Milt Sparks Summer Special.

I'm sure other folks will chime in shortly.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

im using the holster my xdm45 came with for owb carry. i know it doesnt help you much but my 92 compact inox seems to fit non-retention holsters made for the xdm

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thought I might give the hybrids a try. Been using a DeSantis Tuck This. It's not bad. Pivots a little too much though with only one hook

Old 02-20-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I've been carrying my Nano in an Old Faithful hybrid for the last few days. It's quite comfortable and the quick assembly kit was less than $50 delivered. Plus it's a small business and all parts are made in the USA, a few things that I love spending my money on.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have one for my nano and its ok. The leather is a little thin compaired to a crossbread. But it is perforated which is nice when its warm. It's not a big deal, but when I take it off with the gun still in it, it doesn't have enough retention to hold the gun in, so if your not holding the gun, it can fall out. I think this is due to the thin leather, where as my crossbread would hold the gun in, anytime.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by slwarren
I have one for my nano and its ok. The leather is a little thin compaired to a crossbread. But it is perforated which is nice when its warm. It's not a big deal, but when I take it off with the gun still in it, it doesn't have enough retention to hold the gun in, so if your not holding the gun, it can fall out. I think this is due to the thin leather, where as my crossbread would hold the gun in, anytime.
Partly why I like the old faithful too. The kydex is attached to the leather with hex screws so you can adjust the tension tighter or looser. Plus as the leather forms the tension loosens up a bit and you can easily adjust with the screws as opposed to it being attached by rivets.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP

Old 03-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I wore my nano in my old faithful IWB for the past 2 weeks everyday. Very comfortable, other than driving it was barely noticeable to myself. I wore it tucked at the office and it went unnoticed. I had to actually show it to a few colleagues for them to believe that I was carrying concealed. The leather is starting to form well and I simply tightened the screws to adjust the retention. I was going to wait a hit more then loctite them but they aren't loosening on their own so I might not do that. I just did it to the screws holding the belt clips as they were walking themselves loose with the holster going on and off everyday.
I have to strongly recommend this holster to anyone I can. And with a 50 year unconditional guarantee it will probably outlast me!

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP