Beretta question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > Beretta question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 06:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I had a 92fs many years ago and maybe my memory is just fuzzy but I don't remember the expose trigger bar on the outside of the frame on the ejection side. Was that always present? If so why is it like that? Are there any differences in older and newer 92fs guns?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #2

Liked 1038 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 681

It was like that, I used to have one in the 90's. It still is, I have the 96A1 now, and it still has that feature. Why, I don't know.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:51 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

its commonly how da/sa guns cock the hammer. it can be done internally but the machiing is a lot more complex for that and its a lot harder to repair if the transfer bar has issues. a lot of da/sa guns hide the transfer bar with the grips. the sig p22x is a good example of that.

the external transfer bar also keeps it cleaner with much less chance of fouling messing up the action.

i carried the m9 in very muddy dirty dusty environments anytime it got a ittle gritty or nasty i could pour some water in there to flush it out in case of mud or blow it out in case of dust. very easy to clean when that thing is exernal and easy to get to.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #4

Thank you guys. While we are at it, is there any good upgrades for the 92fs that you recommend?

Old 01-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #5

Liked 1038 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 681

Take a look at the 92A1. Actually, I prefer the FS, but YMMV. For the 92 FS, though, Beretta makes cool skeletonized hammers, short reach triggers, and other stuff. IMHO, availability is an issue. Also, I have Hogue wraparound grips on mine that I like. Also there are springs, and the other standard add on parts.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt6green View Post
Thank you guys. While we are at it, is there any good upgrades for the 92fs that you recommend?
only things ive added to mine are mecgar 20 round mags

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...