Beretta px4 compact price?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > Beretta px4 compact price?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 01:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Beretta px4 compact price?

So I was told to go to my LGS. And talk to so and so and mention another guys name and ill get some great just above cost prices. Anyway I get to the store and for a px4 compact 9mm they have it priced at about $629 I talk to the guy ask him kind of deal I can get he goes to his computer and quotes me $519.

This is where the problem starts I look at cabelas and find the same gun for the same price. So I email the guy who sent me there and tell him this. He calls the store and writes me back telling me that cabelas is selling a base model for that price and the LGS is selling the one with all the bells and whistles for the same price.

I understand needing to make a profit so I get selling above cost. But
1) are there different features on this specific gun.
2) if so what are they and what's the cost difference
3) out of curiosity what margin does cabelas work on at retail vs a gun shop. All there guns looked at least $100 more

Beretta PX4 9mm compact
Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5997 Times on 3138 Posts
Likes Given: 428

What each shop has for cost isnt the same from brand to brand. Typically cabelas orders in huge bulk or gets discounts from distributers to take a unch of unpopular items then we will get you so many x product at this reduction. A lgs typically doesnt have that kind of buying power.

So the price quoted you is very likely the best he truly can get you and still make a profit.

In wisconsin we have a 48 hour wait and different tax rates for different cities. Cabelas has crappy after the sale service can never get me what i really want, is 55 miles away and i wouldnt trust them to mount a scope much less a gun that might need service.

You can do what you want but im no fan of cabelas or gander mountain or dicks or any of those big chain gun sellers.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...