Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Beretta Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   beretta inox compact (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/beretta-inox-compact-85699/)

hawkguy 03-03-2013 08:50 PM

beretta inox compact
 
hello beretta fans!

i have recently seen the new beretta inox compact, and it has me frothing at the mouth! :p

i was wondering if any posters own this gun and how they feel about it? i once owned a beretta 92fs, and i loved it, but always felt it was WAY to big for a 9mm pistol. so, compact....stainless....beretta...seems like a winner?

what is the expected retail price and availability? is it getting good reviews?

i have an old comic book that recently shot up in value that may help finance this project...lmao, but true :rolleyes:. i also recently bought a revolver, and if i don't get its kinks worked out, it may get traded in.

and btw, stupid question of the year...but how do you pronouce "inox" so i don't look like a complete fool at the LGS. :rolleyes:

as always, thanks for any input.

dog2000tj 03-03-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1162207)
and btw, stupid question of the year...but how do you pronouce "inox" so i don't look like a complete fool at the LGS. :rolleyes:

big Beretta fan here, don't have the Inox but my Storm would make me consider another Beretta before anything else. Oh, and it's pronounced "eye-no-ex" ... don't want you looking like a fool at the LGS ;)

hawkguy 03-03-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 1162236)
big Beretta fan here, don't have the Inox but my Storm would make me consider another Beretta before anything else. Oh, and it's pronounced "eye-no-ex" ... don't want you looking like a fool at the LGS ;)

eye-no-ex? really? i would have assumed "I-knox" or "ee-nux"......wait, are you playing a joke on me? :D

lmao! i've never heard it said out loud.

blucoondawg 03-03-2013 10:17 PM

I just say stainless Beretta, they know what you mean, what is wrong with your revolver?

Grapevinebill 03-04-2013 02:08 AM

I have an older 92 compact in Inox (eye-nox is the way I pronounce it) and love it. Mine is a type M which is a single stack. Very nice gun. From what I've read it is retailing around $700. But I have yet to see on of the recently released versions.

blucoondawg 03-04-2013 02:26 AM

according to this website it is pronounced in ox http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=inox Turn you speakers on and mouse over the word, the computer will talk to you :D

dog2000tj 03-04-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkguy (Post 1162303)
eye-no-ex? really? i would have assumed "I-knox" or "ee-nux"......wait, are you playing a joke on me? :D

who me? :rolleyes:

hawkguy 03-04-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 1162323)
what is wrong with your revolver?

nothing, i think i am just adjusting to it to be honest. it is my first, and it is a hammerless snub nose. at first, i couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it at 5 yards. the trigger is like a 10+ pound pull from h*ll.

but my last range trip i worked more on my basics and staging the trigger and i saw good improvement, so its getting better. still think i'm going to have to do some trigger work though.

love its looks and style, but my shooting experience hasn't matched that love as of yet....

hawkguy 03-04-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 1162706)
according to this website it is pronounced in ox http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=inox Turn you speakers on and mouse over the word, the computer will talk to you :D

sometimes life is hard as a techno-phobe! thanks for the tip. ;)

i looked on some youtube videos and heard it pronounced both "IN-OX" and "EYE-NOX"

po-TAY-toe, po-TAH-toe? ahh, screw it! i'm going with "eye-no-ex." :D

hawkguy 03-04-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grapevinebill (Post 1162679)
I have an older 92 compact in Inox (eye-nox is the way I pronounce it) and love it. Mine is a type M which is a single stack. Very nice gun. From what I've read it is retailing around $700. But I have yet to see on of the recently released versions.

thanks for your input!


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.