Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Beretta Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   Beretta or glock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/beretta-glock-88479/)

treanglea 04-09-2013 11:02 AM

Beretta or glock

So I'm getting my concealed weapons license and I can't decided wether I want to get a glock or a beretta. What is your guys' take?

mountainman13 04-09-2013 12:24 PM

Any particular models you have in mind?

treanglea 04-09-2013 12:37 PM

Ya possibly the glock 19 gen 4 or the beretta px4 storm

mountainman13 04-09-2013 12:46 PM

Good options. I would recommend handling and if possible shooting them before you buy. The 19 is a great gun but not the easiest to conceal. That said I trust my life to a glock every day and I manage to conceal my 20.
Any reason you prefer the gen 4?

treanglea 04-09-2013 12:59 PM

I have held the gen 4 and really liked it. The shooting would take some getting use to but it felt like a great gun. Very reliable.

mountainman13 04-09-2013 01:04 PM

Once you make your decision make sure you are proficient with the gun and that it works reliably with the ammo you choose before you carry.
I always run 200 rounds through a gun before I trust my life to it just to make sure everything functions perfectly and I can hit what I'm aiming at.
Many people would not suggest the glock as a first carry gun due to over zealous trust in safeties. Practice keeping your booger picker off the bang switch and you don't have to worry about glock leg.

JonM 04-09-2013 01:05 PM

my pref is beretta but i often carry a m9a1 inox compact. i like that it uses a 13 round mag and accets my 20 rounders as well. the beretta is a better gun than a glock in my opinion.

you need to handle both and possibly shoot both to see what works for you. my pref is only valid for me

Grapevinebill 04-10-2013 01:30 PM

Well, this is the Beretta sub forum so the opinions might lean towards Beretta. I carry the Beretta Nano and have great things to say about them. It is slim (less than an inch) and therefore very concealable. It fits well in my hands which are average and not very large. I also tried the LC9 and the S&W Shield but settled on the Nano.

The only thing negative I could think to say about a Glock is I don't like the way they look. Thats not a very good reason not to own one if it feels good in your hands, it's comfoprtable to shoot and you can find a way to conceal it easily. The decision really comes down to what you are comfortable with and trust. Both the Beretta and Glock have great reputations and you will find lovers and haters of both. Shoot them both before you decide and purchase. And if you can't decide you can always buy both...

drvsafe 04-11-2013 04:34 AM

+1 on the Nano. Ive been happy with mine. During my break in period i had one FTF out of 420 rounds. It was with 115 grain PMC. Kind of dirty ammo and the reviews I've read suggest 124 grain although beretta doesn't say the same. But it fed everything else i feed it; fmj, jhp, etc.
it conceals very well IWB as well and ill bet some can carry it as a pocket pistol too. Definitely a worthy option. Check out my review in the "articles" section.

sputnik1988 04-11-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1208299)
my pref is beretta but i often carry a m9a1 inox compact. i like that it uses a 13 round mag and accets my 20 rounders as well. the beretta is a better gun than a glock in my opinion.

you need to handle both and possibly shoot both to see what works for you. my pref is only valid for me

Have owned both and agree, the Glock is a fine gun, but the beretta beats it.