Beretta customizing question - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > Beretta customizing question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Nice! you'll enjoy it! I love my 96 Elite II. bought it for IDPA/IPSC competition, then started using it for my EDC piece, but now I'm going to retire it to safe status, just because I don't want to risk anything happening to it.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #12

Liked 1028 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Beretta used to be my top choice for handguns. I think they make a fine product. The problem is in their support of their products. They pick and choose which ones to make accessories and parts for. Now, if you want to buy one stock, and keep it that way, you're good. But if you buy one and want to modify it with parts you hear about, good luck. Go to the Beretta Forum, and take a look at all the threads about people asking where they can get parts. Even very simple things like mag well inserts for the CX4 can be very difficult to come by. In some cases, the parts are not even made at all. Yes, you can probably buy aftermarket parts in some cases, but some of them, like mags, have a very questionable reliability rate. Others you can modify to fit your needs, but you shouldn't have to. Anyway...

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:35 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Here's my new baby

Got it 2 weeks ago. Still haven't shot it yet but got lots installed.

D hammer spring
Wolff trigger control unit
Wilson combat short reach trigger
Skeletonized hammer

Also replaced trigger bar spring and got some Allen screws too. Next I want a nice set of carbon fiber grips.

Work on this gun is super easy I'm actually very surprised.

20140926_191614.jpg

20140926_191646.jpg

20140926_191726.jpg

Beretta PX4 9mm compact
Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox

Old 09-27-2014, 01:05 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1836 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 668

I had a trigger job done on my Glock before I ever saw it. I am glad the gunsmith saved the old parts. I have put everything back original but the transfer bar. The gun shot very well with the 3.5 lb trigger springs but I wasn't comfortable with a light trigger in a carry piece.

My 22wmr has an adjustable trigger. I can set the trigger as light as 2 lb. I checked the trigger pull with my gunsmiths gauge, I have it set at 4.7 lb. The original 5.5 lb trigger on the Glock is the cats meow for my heavy hand. Part of the issue is with a light trigger I tend to slap the trigger like I wing shooting with a shotgun, instead of squeezing the trigger.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 09-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I had a trigger job done on my Glock before I ever saw it. I am glad the gunsmith saved the old parts. I have put everything back original but the transfer bar. The gun shot very well with the 3.5 lb trigger springs but I wasn't comfortable with a light trigger in a carry piece.

My 22wmr has an adjustable trigger. I can set the trigger as light as 2 lb. I checked the trigger pull with my gunsmiths gauge, I have it set at 4.7 lb. The original 5.5 lb trigger on the Glock is the cats meow for my heavy hand. Part of the issue is with a light trigger I tend to slap the trigger like I wing shooting with a shotgun, instead of squeezing the trigger.
I think the D hammer spring feels good during dry fire. Can't wait to get some rounds down range to get a good feel for the trigger.

Beretta PX4 9mm compact

Old 09-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #16

Liked 1028 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 677

I put in a D spring, and couldn't tell the difference.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I put in a D spring, and couldn't tell the difference.
I believe I can feel the difference but springs are cheap and I may try an actual aftermarket reduced power spring just for fun.

Beretta PX4 9mm compact