Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Beretta Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   Beretta 92fs trade in (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/beretta-92fs-trade-92397/)

beretta9988 06-16-2013 04:34 PM

Beretta 92fs trade in

I am looking for a smaller pistol and decided on the nano. I am considering trading in my 92fs to get the nano. Anyone have any idea on what one might get as a trad in value for the 92fs. In was made in 2002. I bought it used so no idea how many rounds the previous owner put through it. Has a brand new recoil spring and rod. 2 10 round mags, manual and case. I would say in good condition. Depending on what they offer me I might just keep it and buy the nano.

If

Grapevinebill 06-17-2013 02:19 PM

You may want to sell it out right rather than a trade. A 92FS in good shape should go for $00- $500 in my opinion. Yours is a bit older but if it is in good shape I would try to sell it on line.

Stillersfan 06-17-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beretta9988 (Post 1278078)
I am looking for a smaller pistol and decided on the nano. I am considering trading in my 92fs to get the nano. Anyone have any idea on what one might get as a trad in value for the 92fs. In was made in 2002. I bought it used so no idea how many rounds the previous owner put through it. Has a brand new recoil spring and rod. 2 10 round mags, manual and case. I would say in good condition. Depending on what they offer me I might just keep it and buy the nano.

If

I dont care what shape a used gun is in you will never get what you want out of it unless someone REALLY wants it bad enough. I would say keep the FS and save your money to buy the Nano. There... problem solved and you get to have both! :D

MarshalSHolland 06-21-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beretta9988 (Post 1278078)

If

Sent you a private message...

ivandog48 06-23-2013 12:43 AM

My two cents? Keep the 92FS. I've never sold a gun that I didn't wish I had back later. I've learned to save and buy instead of sell and buy. I have a 92FS and suspect they will be iconic someday due to its use by the US military. Won't be as popular as the 1911, but a great looking and shooting pistol. It's a keeper.

clr8ter 07-14-2013 12:51 PM

The 90 series has been a proven performer. Why would you trade that for a new gun that by almost all accounts has some "teething problems"? Or have they fixed that in the last 6 months or so? Go to the Beretta Forum to read more about it.

I would also keeep the 92. I bought a 96 around the early 90'sl:cool: Sold it, wish I hadn't.

beretta9988 07-15-2013 03:49 AM

Yeah I love my 92 and decided to keep it and just buy the Nano or flock 26 for ccw.

dlh2689 07-26-2013 05:16 PM

I don't think there's any reason to get rid of the 92FS. I think you should get both. :)

ivandog48 07-26-2013 10:46 PM

Me thinks pistols for CCW are getting too small. I carry a Ruger SR9C and I forget its back there. It packs a good punch with +P loads and has a simple safety. You'll see it on my face picture. A man and wife tapped me on the shoulder at the range a while back. They had just bought the Ruger LC9 and couldn't hit the target sheet - forget about the Bulls-eye. They saw my groups and were curious what I had. They were surprised with the SR9C and borrowed it. She fired five rounds -pointed at it and told her husband "This is what I wanted! It fits my hand and doesn't feel like I'm bending metal to fire it!" She was punching good groups immediately at 10 yards. I fired the LC9 and shook my head. No way. They were headed back to the gun store for an exchange. I just don't see the justification for the micro stuff - especially when you can't hit with it.

JonM 07-28-2013 01:03 PM

I edc a ruger lcp even smaller than a lc9. The purpose is for those like me who would rather have a larger gun but cant carry one for whatever reason, sure you could come up with a few if you tried but i womt list here, to pocket carry.

I neverhave to violate the first rule of self defense: have a gun, any gun.

When i can i carry a beretta m9 inox compact or a xdm 3.8 or a colt new agent. But thats not always possible.