Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > Beretta 92 Compact L INOX w/rail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 02:12 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks for the tips gentlemen. I still have not shot it yet so when I do I will let you all know how it does!

Old 02-25-2014, 11:30 PM   #52

Default Beretta 92FS Compact Inox

I just stumbled upon this thread, so I joined as a free member because this pistol is worth commenting on. I've had one of these Beretta lingering in the back corner of my mind since I first saw a picture of one of them. Needless to say, I was never able to actually locate one and a lot of gun shops that I made inquiry at couldn't tell me anything about them because they hadn't seen one either.

I expected the 92FS Compact Inox to feel roughly about the same as one of my 92FS / M9 / M9A1 handguns. . .that is, if I could manage to get my hands on one. Well, low and behold, just last night I came across one; in my opinion this compact 92FS felt superb, I really couldn't believe just how nicely balanced it was. Fit and finish were excellent. I've been trying not to like it too much at this point because I haven't even had a chance to fire the pistol yet, but this is a hard pistol not to like from what all I've seen.

My Berettas have always been working firearms, they've taken a beating and keep chugging along without hiccup or tremor. They've never been a perfect firearm for me, yet I maintain absolute confidence in their reliability and function, and I shoot them decently well. However, this compact literally feels better in my hand than any Beretta that I've ever picked up. If it lives up to my other Beretta's level of reliability and function, then I may just have a new carry gun.

At any rate, I'm glad I came across this thread, you guys appear to have a nice forum going on here. Best Regards!

Last edited by NM_JIM; 03-11-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #53

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM_JIM View Post
I just stumbled upon this thread, so I joined as free member because this pistol is worth commenting on. I've had one of these Beretta lingering in the back corner of my mind since I first saw a picture of one of them. Needless to say, I was never able to actually locate one and a lot of gun shops that I made inquiry at couldn't tell me anything about them because they hadn't seen one either.

I expected the 92FS Compact Inox to feel roughly about the same as one of my 92FS / M9 / M9A1 handguns. . .that is, if I could manage to get my hands on one. Well, low and behold, just last night I came across one; in my opinion this compact 92FS felt superb, I really couldn't believe just how nicely balanced it was. Fit and finish were excellent. I've been trying not to like it too much at this point because I haven't even had a chance to fire the pistol yet, but this is a hard pistol not to like from what all I've seen.

My Berettas have always been working firearms, they've taken a beating and keep chugging along without hiccup or tremor. They've never been a perfect firearm for me, yet I maintain absolute confidence in their reliability and function, and I shoot them decently well. However, this compact literally feels better in my hand than any Beretta that I've ever picked up. If it lives up to my other Beretta's reliability and function, then I may just have a new carry gun.

At any rate, I'm glad I came across this thread, you guys appear to have a nice forum going on here. Best Regards!
You are right. It's a pretty fantastic firearm. you won't be able to put it down once you fire it.

And we are happy to have you here! If you havnt already, stop by the introductions thread and tell everyone a little about you. I hope you stick around!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Firearms Talk mobile app

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 03-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #54

Hey, would you know if the 92 9 mm compact magazine is compatable with the Stoager cougar compact 9 mm? the stoeger magazine is a beretta model 8000 L 13 rd. I understand that stoeger does not manufacture this magazine and it is\was made by beretta. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #55

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

From what I can tell, the answer is a straight up no. The Beretta cougar and stoeger cougar mags are interchangeable though.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Firearms Talk mobile app

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 03-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #56

Thank you for the info. Seems I have a gun that has discontinued parts. Looks like a trade is in my future.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:19 AM   #57

I picked up a new 92FS Compact Inox, L model about 2 months ago. Here are a couple pictures of it, one of which shows it with my 92F. Still waiting on my Hogue wood grips for the 92FS Compact.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:37 AM   #58

Liked 2306 Times on 1351 Posts
Likes Given: 1469

i picked one up awhile back.

it is absolutely everything i wanted in a 9mm handgun. stainless, beretta, and (a little bit more) compact!

shoots like a freaking dream. 100% satisfied!

File Type: jpg beretta inox compact 2.jpg (28.9 KB, 10 views)

Old 06-21-2014, 02:38 AM   #59

Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts

Bob, just wait till you shoot it, these Compacts are superb pistols.