Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Beretta Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   Beretta 92 Compact L INOX w/rail (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f178/beretta-92-compact-l-inox-w-rail-83782/)

mag318 02-09-2013 12:25 AM

Beretta 92 Compact L INOX w/rail

2 Attachment(s)
At last months Shot Show Beretta showed both the Inox and Bruniton finished version of this neat variation. I've seen 1 of the Inox Compacts in a store and a couple online. Anyone here have one yet? This is definately going to be my next Beretta when I find one reasonably priced.

JonM 02-10-2013 03:10 PM

Yup. Just got one. Havent had a chance to shoot it yet.

The slides and frames swap around just fine between the m9a1 and this gun.

mag318 02-10-2013 04:36 PM

JonM, be sure to give us a range report after you shoot it. These things are in extremely short supply right now but I hope to have one soon also. Did you buy yours locally or online?

colmustard 02-10-2013 06:47 PM

Looks fantastic! We need a range report on one of those now! :)

psymmonds 02-12-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colmustard

Just out of curiosity. Does a different finish on a gun make it handle differently, ie. weight or balance

mag318 02-12-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psymmonds (Post 1134406)
Just out of curiosity. Does a different finish on a gun make it handle differently, ie. weight or balance

The finish does not change or influence the handling characteristics. Beretta is making these Compacts in both the standard Bruniton finish and the stainless INOX finish. The pistols are identical otherwise.

JonM 02-12-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psymmonds (Post 1134406)

Nope, just makes it a little more rust resistant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mag318 (Post 1132205)
JonM, be sure to give us a range report after you shoot it. These things are in extremely short supply right now but I hope to have one soon also. Did you buy yours locally or online?

Quote:

Originally Posted by colmustard (Post 1132367)

Hopefully i will get a chance this weekend. Havent had a chance to get my m9a1 out there either. Not having a working camera has put a halt to range reports till this week. Just got a droid dna from work and its got a nice camera.

I did have a bad burr on the underside of the slide i didnt notice. It was giving a gritty feel to the operation of the gun. Removed said burr with a small file and buffed it out. Slick as snot now

Grapevinebill 02-14-2013 08:28 PM

Very nice choice. I love the compacts. I especially like the current version with the rail. Does anyone know if this is going to be made available as a single stack or is it only the standard double stack?

BlueTurf 02-16-2013 02:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the regular 92L Compact and love shooting it. It makes a good carry weapon.

mag318 03-11-2013 10:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My Beretta arrived today and after owning several 92s this one is the most impressive one yet, right up there with my Elite II. The fit and finish is beautiful and the Compact just feels great in hand. I ran 100 rounds thru it in the snow this afternoon, to check function which was flawless. I'll do a true range report when the weather warms up. Here it is next to my Smith & Wesson M&P9c, and while larger it feels so good in hand I plan on carrying it.
Anyone thinking about buying one of these I highly recommend it, especially if you like the 92 series like I do. This is one of the best versions yet and Beretta will sell all they make.