Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > Any Storm owners? 9mm or 40 cal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm033056 View Post
I have a PX4 40 full size and a custom 9mm conversion barrel for it. The barrel was custom made by a friend. Shoots flawlessly with either barrel. Here it is with the 9mm barrel, a Burris FF III mounted on a Sight Mount rear sight. 40 rounds from 30 feet. Love it

Wonder if a .40 S&W conversion bbl for a 9mm pistol would be possible.

"No one knows what it's like to be the badman"...-The Who

Old 06-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #62

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Standard 9mm barrels have a smaller OD than a 40SW therefore the hole at the end of the slide is smaller on a 9mm, also the breech face may be too small to accommodate a 40SW case. That is why many manufacturers make barrels to go from 40SW to 9mm but not the other way around without doing a whole new upper.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #63

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Just a girl shooter here. My husband bought me a PX4 sub-compact 9mm in December. I have some strength issues in my arms due to neck issues, BUT this pistol is a beauty. I watched video of myself shooting it and it literally is 1-2 inches of barrel movement and I am back on target. Very comfortable for me (which seems strange) vs. shooting the hubby's full size 9mm recoil wise.

We are in AZ and I carry with an extended 17+1 mag and another 17 in my holster at all times. I grab my gun, keys, purse when I leave the house and never leave without it.

Never had a failure of any kind, it fits like a glove in my hand, slide can be a bit tough to rack for me but my husband can do it like butter (I carry with one in the chamber) and we paid 550 for it.

total-9mm.jpg  

Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #64
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 874 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenGlamis View Post
Just a girl shooter here. My husband bought me a PX4 sub-compact 9mm in December. I have some strength issues in my arms due to neck issues, BUT this pistol is a beauty. I watched video of myself shooting it and it literally is 1-2 inches of barrel movement and I am back on target. Very comfortable for me (which seems strange) vs. shooting the hubby's full size 9mm recoil wise.

We are in AZ and I carry with an extended 17+1 mag and another 17 in my holster at all times. I grab my gun, keys, purse when I leave the house and never leave without it.

Never had a failure of any kind, it fits like a glove in my hand, slide can be a bit tough to rack for me but my husband can do it like butter (I carry with one in the chamber) and we paid 550 for it.
Welcome to the forum!

You have a high end firearm, in a dime store holster. Look into a BlackHawk Serpa Level 2 holster. Has a instant on off retention system that is wonderful. Easy to holster one handed. You would be looking for a model 28. Does not list sub compact, but it fits like a glove. Amazon has them for 46 or so to your door. Comes with both easy on off paddle or belt loops.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #65

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

You have a high end firearm, in a dime store holster. Look into a BlackHawk Serpa Level 2 holster. Has a instant on off retention system that is wonderful. Easy to holster one handed. You would be looking for a model 28. Does not list sub compact, but it fits like a glove. Amazon has them for 46 or so to your door. Comes with both easy on off paddle or belt loops.
Will do, I have been looking at a few options for IWB and OWB carry, there is a local mafr for the Serpa-type holsters that make a pink one custom molded for that weapon for around 50.00. To be honest with you, like I said I am a girl, and liked the pink camo one but I do realize that it is a "cheapo" holster and have been looking for other options. Thanks for the kind words, I truly love this weapon and amazing how much that 10.00 extended mag cover makes the 17 rounder feel 100% natural for the gun.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2564 Times on 1283 Posts
Likes Given: 244

.45 acp if you please:

cx4storm.jpg  
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 06-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #67

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD313 View Post
Just got her yesterday 40 S&W
full size or compact?

Last edited by Rich635mustang; 06-17-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #68

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich635mustang View Post

full size or compact?
Full size 40

Old 09-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #69

I recently got my first handgun. After doing tons of research, I chose the full size Beretta Px4 Storm and I love it! I actually went in to purchase the Beretta 92FS, M9 or 96, but fell in love with the Storm! It's such a smooth shooting handgun with very little recoil. With me being very small framed female, it's just right!
I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this gun to anyone (male or female) looking to make a purchase! It's also nice how easily it breaks down for cleaning. The magazines were extremely tough to load the first time, so I left the both fully loaded (17 rounds each) for a few days and it helped tremendously!
Great gun, low recoil, easy breakdown and fun to shoot!!!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #70

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
my issue with the storm is the wacky rotating barrel. makes suppressing them not really possible. they unscrew the suppressors since all suppressors are right hand twist. if you do a left hand thread it screws em on so tight it damages the threads and locks the suppressor on the barrel.

its one gun i wont own simply because of that.
I happen to like the wacky rotating barrel. I do not see myself having a suppressor in the near future, and surly not on my carry weapon.

I also enjoy shooting anything with double/single action capabilities; hammers make handguns now strikers right

Overall I'm very happy with the gun. Btw I own the 9mm compact.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy