Accuracy of a 92FS? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > Accuracy of a 92FS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5639 Times on 2947 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillersfan View Post
I just get tired of people saying that ... This gun is really accurate, or that gun is so accurate! No one ever stops to think that a gun is just an object. Its the operator who makes the accuracy happen.
Welllll we are referring to mechanical accuracy as in strapping it in a machine that tests accuracy. Most handguns are capable of a higher level of accuracy than the shooter. The reason you want an accurate gun is to minimize your error and fault stacking.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #32

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I own a 92fs for almost a year with over 4000 rounds, best investment I made, now looking to purchase the 96fs. I was shooting to the left, received some good information from the site now hiting 3" to 4" groupings (10 yards)more centered and now a litlle to the right. I tighten my grip with my left had (right hand shooter) and it seems to work, shoot once sometime twice a week. For the record im 51 and only been shooting for a year, wish I started a long time ago.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfusatf View Post
For the record im 51 and only been shooting for a year, wish I started a long time ago.
I'm so glad I didn't wait. I feel bad for you that you started so late. But now its a good time to play catch-up.

Always have clean socks.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #34

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I loved my issued M9. I can not begin to guess the amount of ammo put through it as it was a USN hand-me-down. I qualified expert out of the gate and carried it every day after that. I trusted the gun with my life in its operation and accuracy. I kicked and screamed when we switched to the SIG P229 (DAK). If you haven't already, get one. Its a good choice.

Sent from my Z750C using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 1077 Posts
Likes Given: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGunsRattlesnake View Post
I loved my issued M9. I can not begin to guess the amount of ammo put through it as it was a USN hand-me-down. I qualified expert out of the gate and carried it every day after that. I trusted the gun with my life in its operation and accuracy. I kicked and screamed when we switched to the SIG P229 (DAK). If you haven't already, get one. Its a good choice.

I can't see any advantage in switching to the sig except the sig is less expensive. The sight radius of the M9 makes target acquisition very quick. People who buy guns for the military don't have to shoot them.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1931 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 988

The 92 has been stellar accurate for me. It is not the easiest semi-auto pistol to shoot precisely because of its heavy DA trigger pull; and a longish trigger and safety reach. A hand larger than mine should feel right at home. I switched to a SIG because it's ergos fit me better.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I can't see any advantage in switching to the sig except the sig is less expensive. The sight radius of the M9 makes target acquisition very quick. People who buy guns for the military don't have to shoot them.
Did you misspeak? The Sig P229 DAK MSRPs for $1,108.00.

The Beretta 92FS Inox, which is the most expensive model on their website, MSRPs for $775.00

Always have clean socks.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #38

Liked 220 Times on 145 Posts

Default Accuracy of a 92FS?

I have a 226 DAK in .40 and did not like it at first because of the long trigger. I eventually realized that while it takes a LOT of practice to be accurate at "bulls eye" style shooting, the gun is excellent for combat pistol style courses, for me at least.

I got a crazy deal on mine do to some strange circumstances. While it is an excellent weapon that will outlast me by a generation or two, I would not pay a grand for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 02-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #39

Liked 1078 Times on 781 Posts
Likes Given: 551

I have both , I have the beretta 92fs in stainless and the tarass 92 .
The fs is a fine and good looking gun with options that I happen to enjoy if I so choose to BUT in my opinion it does not shoot as good as the tarass , i lost mine in the cul de sac and had a trash truck and school bus run it over and still fires dead on , no damage other than scratched grips . When I go to the safe I pick up the Taurus everytime .
If your on a budget go with the big T
If your not and want it to hold its value get the beretta

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #40

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I agree with you. I shot in service wide competitions with the M9. I was effective with the SIG, but I never felt at home with. I went with a Px4 Storm when I got out and enjoyed it but eventually went back to the SIG. The reason for the switch was due to a full department caliber switch. So we went to the budding table and SIG won. I just stayed with .40 afterwards because I grew to like the round and had a surplus. Years later, I wish I would have stuck by the M9.