You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum >

92A1 with overpressured 9mm rounds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2715 Times on 1536 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
this is a myth for the most part. if you are in a real self defense shoot it does not matter if your using a m155 howitzer or a toothpick. the only way it comes up is if its not a self defense shooting.

ive never seen actual evidence of choice of ammunition type being used against someone in court.
Actually, your choice of weapon and ammo could matter very much if you have to defend yourself in front of a jury.

I was paraphrasing the advice of a leading gun trial lawyer in my state. A man who's only business is firearms cases. I will depend on his judgement and follow his suggestions.

Carl Sagan

Old 03-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #32

Liked 4335 Times on 2523 Posts
Likes Given: 6731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Actually, your choice of weapon and ammo could matter very much if you have to defend yourself in front of a jury.

I was paraphrasing the advice of a leading gun trial lawyer in my state. A man who's only business is firearms cases. I will depend on his judgement and follow his suggestions.
i'd like to see the proof or evidence that supports this.

actual cases where the choice of firearm or ammo used was a defining factor in the verdict in a justified self defense shooting.

paraphrasing what an attorney says, might still be an opinion, unless there are actual cases that support his statements.

is it possible it a case of a self defense shooting, that the prosecutor, who happened to be an overzealous and rabid anti-gun liberal might try and use the choice of ammo or firearm used against the accused? yes it's possible.

in such a case, i would also suspect that it really wouldn't have mattered the choice in ammo or firearm, but the fact that you decided to use them in the first place. in such a case, in an extremely anti-gun state or city, you were screwed from the get go, when you decided to use a gun in self defense.

if there is proof or evidence to support such statements, please post the sources or links so we may look them over.
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."
locutus Likes This 
Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Just to add: My Owner's Manual states that +P and +P+ ammo are not recommended. I don't personally view this as a problem, nor does it make me think my Beretta isn't a well built handgun. S&W doesn't recommend +P or +P+ ammo in my 4506, nor does Sig Sauer recommend it in my P220's. I'm sure +P ammo would be "fine" to use in any of them, to a point, but I personally don't see any need to, as standard pressure ammo for personal protection is very much up to the task.

Just my 2 cents.