92A1 and 92fs type m9a1
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Beretta Forum > 92A1 and 92fs type m9a1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default 92A1 and 92fs type m9a1

Ok so both of these look very similar, so whats the difference? I was just at gander mtn. and the price dif. was about 50 or 100 bucks. But why? I have a regular 92fs right now and love it. But was thinking about picking up one of the new ones with the rail. Only to find out they have two! Both look similar and both are chambered in 9mm. So whats the secret?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

No one's got anything?
I did a little more research and it seems that the 92A1 has a little different slide than the m9A1.
The 92A1 slide will apparantly fit on a berreta 90 two, but not onto a regular m9 or 92fs. I guess this is because it is slightly wider to accomodate a recoil buffer in the slide like the 90 two has. Also it seems that the 92A1 has a removeabe dovetailed front sight and comes with 17 round mags. In addition to those things listed, the 92A1 has a rounded trigger guard intead of a squared one. And of course the rail.

Now the m91 from what I am seeing is the exact same as the 92fs or m9, but has a rail on it. Also when you purchase it, they include mags (15 round) that are coated with a special coating to resist sand, for dirty enviroments. Also the m91 has a beveled mag well for help with faster reloads under stress. Also the m9A1 has checkering on the grip.

I know I answered my own question, but thought this info may help others who may not knwo the difference. Becuae I found a lot of junk on the net, with people saying there is no difference between the two. So now you know. And knowing is half the battle! Now I just need to decide!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 03-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5795 Times on 3026 Posts
Likes Given: 394

as you found out its just minor differences.

functionally they are identical

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #4

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Gander Mtn is through the roof. Shop around.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The operating functions of both pisotls are the same. But the internal's of the slide are very different. One has an internal buufer and that slide will not fit on any other 92 type pistol. I thoguht that was big news for those who may feel they could swap parts or whatever and may not know the difference. Now the m9A1 on the other hand is the same old m9 but with a rail basiclly.

--George Washington