Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Beretta Forum (
-   -   92A1 and 92fs type m9a1 (

colmustard 03-02-2013 04:11 AM

92A1 and 92fs type m9a1
Ok so both of these look very similar, so whats the difference? I was just at gander mtn. and the price dif. was about 50 or 100 bucks. But why? I have a regular 92fs right now and love it. But was thinking about picking up one of the new ones with the rail. Only to find out they have two! Both look similar and both are chambered in 9mm. So whats the secret? :cool:

colmustard 03-02-2013 06:03 PM

No one's got anything?
I did a little more research and it seems that the 92A1 has a little different slide than the m9A1.
The 92A1 slide will apparantly fit on a berreta 90 two, but not onto a regular m9 or 92fs. I guess this is because it is slightly wider to accomodate a recoil buffer in the slide like the 90 two has. Also it seems that the 92A1 has a removeabe dovetailed front sight and comes with 17 round mags. In addition to those things listed, the 92A1 has a rounded trigger guard intead of a squared one. And of course the rail.

Now the m91 from what I am seeing is the exact same as the 92fs or m9, but has a rail on it. Also when you purchase it, they include mags (15 round) that are coated with a special coating to resist sand, for dirty enviroments. Also the m91 has a beveled mag well for help with faster reloads under stress. Also the m9A1 has checkering on the grip.

I know I answered my own question, but thought this info may help others who may not knwo the difference. Becuae I found a lot of junk on the net, with people saying there is no difference between the two. So now you know. And knowing is half the battle! :) Now I just need to decide!

JonM 03-05-2013 10:47 PM

as you found out its just minor differences.

functionally they are identical

Byron0022 03-06-2013 08:09 AM

Gander Mtn is through the roof. Shop around.

colmustard 03-08-2013 03:44 AM

The operating functions of both pisotls are the same. But the internal's of the slide are very different. One has an internal buufer and that slide will not fit on any other 92 type pistol. I thoguht that was big news for those who may feel they could swap parts or whatever and may not know the difference. Now the m9A1 on the other hand is the same old m9 but with a rail basiclly.