zeroing a viridian

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > zeroing a viridian

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default zeroing a viridian

for home defense...how many feet should zero in my green laser to my hk iron night sights? 6 to 10 feet....suggestions please

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #2

Whatever the longest potential shot is in your house. That's the distance I would sight it in at.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #3

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

and the correct answer is.....

no 0 at a specific range!!!

Use a bore sight laser in conjunction and set them so they are equal distant at the bore too maximum range, my TLR-2S on the USP is set to 100 yards.

Why???

Simple think about it, if you were only ever going to shoot at exactly 6-10' every single time, then set it there, but suppose your issues is 35' now what... you need a precision shot and your Laser is high but how high, closer than too low, and you need to compensate, but by how much...

with a set fixed point parallel to the bore then you only need to remember bullet drop and under 50' is a non issue, with the basic (average) 2" laser to center of shot is an easy one to train for.

Up close and personnel no difference, at any range a precision shot can be easily had...

Last edited by 2manyhobbies; 05-13-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was going to do exactly that . but I thought it was more for a stoner type rifle. ...thanks

Old 05-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #5

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Not just for riffles but any firearm with a laser, you will never know the range of a potential threat, be it terrorist, rapist, coke head, or vicious dog.

There may come a time where you potentially need a very precise shot and this method allows for that at any range, but practice is tantamount for you will react as you have practiced!

On a side note, green laser has both pluses and negatives...
Huge plus visible in full daylight, and at greater range....
Huge minus it is visible in low light and can be easily traced back to the source...
Be safe and practice