why is the h&k forum so dead? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > why is the h&k forum so dead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 263 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikimo View Post
Compared to the other forums, this one seems to be very dead. Why?
H&K is really proud of their product, and they make that crystal clear in their pricing. That's fine. Even 'pricing' ultimately boils down to being something of a marketing tool with regard to most consumer products. Are you cool enough, successful enough, or do you actually value this product enough to pay our prices?

Let me be clear though...they do offer a product that is worthy of significant pride and praise. It's good chit, man. But is it honestly 50-90% better (based souly on pricing) than Glock, XD/XDm, or SW M&P? The answer for me is...no. And like many consumers, my budget directs me to get max bang for my buck in most cases.

I've shot a few HKs. They're rock solid guns. Great ergos on the P30, not so great on the Glockish USP. But I don't own any. Maybe someday that will change, maybe not. I prefer almost everything about a $600-700 SA XDm to similar HKs, which tend to run an extra $200-300.

Bottom line: If you love HK, buy away. They're really good guns. Most aren't great fits for me ergonomically...so I'll pay $300 less for a Glock that works just as well, $200-300 less for an XDm/M&P that fits me better, or similar prices for an alloy framed tacticool Sig that seems like a better product to me. Just personal preference...please don't take that as any kind of dismissal.

H&K offers a fine product at what seems to me to be a inflated price.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #32

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22

H&K is really proud of their product, and they make that crystal clear in their pricing. That's fine. Even 'pricing' ultimately boils down to being something of a marketing tool with regard to most consumer products. Are you cool enough, successful enough, or do you actually value this product enough to pay our prices?

Let me be clear though...they do offer a product that is worthy of significant pride and praise. It's good chit, man. But is it honestly 50-90% better (based souly on pricing) than Glock, XD/XDm, or SW M&P? The answer for me is...no. And like many consumers, my budget directs me to get max bang for my buck in most cases.

I've shot a few HKs. They're rock solid guns. Great ergos on the P30, not so great on the Glockish USP. But I don't own any. Maybe someday that will change, maybe not. I prefer almost everything about a $600-700 SA XDm to similar HKs, which tend to run an extra $200-300.

Bottom line: If you love HK, buy away. They're really good guns. Most aren't great fits for me ergonomically...so I'll pay $300 less for a Glock that works just as well, $200-300 less for an XDm/M&P that fits me better, or similar prices for an alloy framed tacticool Sig that seems like a better product to me. Just personal preference...please don't take that as any kind of dismissal.

I bought the P30 solely because I liked the way it felt when I picked it up. I paid $840 for the pistol I think so it wasn't outrageously high to me. On the other hand I have me third XD on order, it's a XDS in fact. I have no absolute preference in firearms but for some reason I can't fall in love with Rugers.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #33

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Before I moved to South Carolina I was wanting to open an online gun store. Just to get an open account with H&K I had to pay $20,000 for inventory from H&K AND sell at least that per calendar year. They really pushed me off on getting an account with them but with the way guns are selling the last few months I am kicking myself in the ass for not opening the gun business.

All guns are created equal

Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 AM   #34

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post

Ever priced a Wilson combat??? What I consider a top line 1911 but only mediocre compared to the HK...

For me the answer is yes, How many ND's have you heard with the word Glock in the story... yea most of them...
HK is one of the safest guns to carry hot, does not have that funky trigger like the Glock and the Springfield... Bottom line if you want the best that you can bet your life on 100% of the time then you pay more for that reliability.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #35
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by msup752
I got my P7 about 2 years ago at Gander Mtn. They buy batches of surplus guns from time to time so I check their store often. It was a steal at $600 as a used P7 at my LGS are $1k or more. I would love to find one with a threaded barrel but they are super rare to almost extinct. Replacing the barrel is very difficult as it is pinned to the frame.
If mine has a button mag release, night sights and a threaded barrel, it would be my primary carry gun.
I'd love to find a p7m8 for $1,000! Can't find one for under $1,600 on gun broker and NONE locally.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 05-03-2013, 02:28 AM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

[quote="Relic74"]

I own a USP HK .45 tan . Cost me a little over $900.00 . It is reliable and accurate, the cost is worth it. Safety is great, they have been tested in many ways. The HK 45 had been dropped 6 feet high loaded and the round won't go off. Some people need that security.
This is a pic of my H K with extended mag and veridian green laser

Last edited by Relic74; 05-03-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:42 AM   #37

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I don't see a pic?

Old 05-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #38

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
I'd love to find a p7m8 for $1,000! Can't find one for under $1,600 on gun broker and NONE locally.
andI have seen $800. M-4 platforms going for $1,200. all due to the best gun salesman in US history Obama.

Prices will come back down, and it will for ammo too but it may take a few years for the ammo pricves to return to some kind of normal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic74 View Post
I own a USP HK .45 tan . Cost me a little over $900.00 . It is reliable and accurate, the cost is worth it. Safety is great, they have been tested in many ways. The HK 45 had been dropped 6 feet high loaded and the round won't go off. Some people need that security sad to say.
This reminded me of something that happened to me about 2 years back...

Had my HK USP in my Dillon leather strong side pancake, stepped out the back door to take the wife to some late evening hair appointment and it was a A Typical MI cold winter evening.... Hit some bad ice on the concrete and did a perfect 180° rotation 4' above the ground, and then I went down to the ice and concrete HARD

Did you know the human head does make a sound like a coconut when it hits something resilient to giveing like cement

Well don't feel bad I didn't either until that evening

No concussion, laid there for a couple of minutes accessing damage before I attempted to move, I WAS LUCKY

No damage, so I stood up and started to go into shock, but I talked myself out of it...

On the other side the HK never left the holster, with one in the pipe never discharged, good leather , outstanding gun...

Last edited by 2manyhobbies; 05-03-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
I don't see a pic?

image-2088284924.jpg

Hopefully this pic uploads. Had a problem the last time I tried to post the pic so I left it alone.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:35 AM   #40

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Dude I'm totally hating you right now for having the colored frame!

All guns are created equal