why is the h&k forum so dead? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > why is the h&k forum so dead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Thanks 2many, $35 sounds a lot more reasonable. Guess I way over paid.
Yeah you way over paid alright!! It happens. To everyone at some point. Getting hosed on stuff like that is frustrating. But another poster mentioned not being able to find parts? I've never had an issue finding parts on line that are in stock but then again I've never needed to look for parts on any of my Usp's because they're built to last.

All guns are created equal

2manyhobbies Likes This 
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #22

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I agree about tbe p30. I just bought one on 9mm and love the way it fires.. My favorite pistol so far..

Old 04-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava
HK's are expensive, so thus fewer owners.

I love HK's myself, but can't justify the cost and regardless of ownership what is there to discuss about the USP or the HK 45 that hasn't already been said?
I own a USP HK .45 tan . Cost me a little over $900.00 . It is reliable and accurate, the cost is worth it. Safety is great, they have been tested in many ways. The HK 45 had been dropped 6 feet high loaded and the round won't go off. Some people need that security sad to say.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #24

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic74 View Post
I own a USP HK .45 tan . Cost me a little over $900.00 . It is reliable and accurate, the cost is worth it. Safety is great, they have been tested in many ways. The HK 45 had been dropped 6 feet high loaded and the round won't go off. Some people need that security sad to say.
++1! I look at it like this... OK you are going to travel every where bad / good, and need a new car, When you go to buy the new car, do you go for the cheapest one you can find, stripped to the bone, that will be rough to drive, rough ride, get poor fuel mileage, only accepts premium fuel, and has a mediocre record for reliability?

Or do you go out, bite the bullet, spend the extra money, get the better more comfortable car, one that you can rely on, drives like a Ferrari, that has a good ride, will run on any fuel, that has an A+ rating and is uber reliable?

Same with a gun, you spend the extra, and you will have a gun you can bet your and your family's life on, that will give you 110% for the rest of your life...

Old 04-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by msup752
I have a P7 and it is outstanding. The gas delayed blowback system is nearly foolproof reliable over a wide range of pressures. It is very accurate due to the fixed barrel and very light trigger pull. It is also very safe with the heavy squeeze cocking mechanism. Kids won't easily figure it out or have the strength to compress it and, in the rare chance it is taken from me, it is unlikely the assailant would squeeze hard enough to engage the striker.
But, it is heavy, limited mag capacity, most mags are heel releases and not button, gets very hot, is no longer in production, barrel requires factory replacement (wish mine was threaded), and the mags are $70!
HK's are premium guns at premium prices. Lack of parts and service don't help either.
Many I love that pistol! I wish I could find one that I could afford. I'd love to add one to my safe.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Indeed they are. I really want a P30 and I'd like to learn more about P7s. I hear the squeeze cocker is great, I've never held one though.

I really hope the sub forum picks up. There is a lot to learn about HKs for a guy like me(31). It seems only the "old timers" know a lot about them. I guess my generation just wants a $500 Glock and any old kydex holster.
I also like the mag release on my usp AND the safety switch is so easy to use. Yeah I know glocks don't have external safeties but who the hell cares. the mag release on the glocks is always frustrating for me and yes the slide and barrel assembly is easy to get apart but so is the usp. it's almost a similar design somewhat. i like both hand in hand but i also think the usp feels better in my hands over the glock. i really don't like the gen4 grips at all compared to the gen 3. although the new g30s is looking quite fancy on my list. but i looked up an average price for a new USP .45 compact and its over 1200!!!! i can't believe that.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #27

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I agree about the gen4, it's too rough IMO for CCW, I would be scared of it grabbing my shirt. My gen3 suites me just fine until I can save enough scratch to buy a P30.

I was really lucky to find my lightly used .45 USP full size for $600. I want to learn more about the P7 and VP70(I think) and get them also. People who don't like HKs just can't afford them IMO.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #28

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah I mean dude I don't make alot wage wise but I still am able to manage to scrounge and save for things. Make a few sacrifices here and there to get what I'm wanting. I managed to pick up some 9mm today for around $60 and got 75 rounds. I also signed up for my CWP class!!!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #29

Liked 57 Times on 46 Posts

I got my P7 about 2 years ago at Gander Mtn. They buy batches of surplus guns from time to time so I check their store often. It was a steal at $600 as a used P7 at my LGS are $1k or more. I would love to find one with a threaded barrel but they are super rare to almost extinct. Replacing the barrel is very difficult as it is pinned to the frame.
If mine has a button mag release, night sights and a threaded barrel, it would be my primary carry gun.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Probably because most gun owners cannot afford or are unwilling to pay the price of an HK. My HK P2000SK is the finest gun I own. I used to be a big Sig fan and still own a few but my new love is HK. It is the only polymer gun that feels good in my hand.

The worst thing about getting old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

For senior citizen gun resources please visit http://www.oldgunhand.com

2manyhobbies Likes This