why is the h&k forum so dead? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > why is the h&k forum so dead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 05:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
Never known a CZ to have reliability issues.

I think this is an ongoing failing with HK though. Great brand and I consider HK and SIG to be the premium brands for handguns, but for less money you have the Magnum Research Jericho/Baby Eagle series which are every bit as reliable and possibly just as accurate.

Or you have Rugers which may be even more reliable and probably accurate enough for 90% of most shooters for just over a third of the cost.

SIG at least offered the SIGPro (and now 2022) series which are lower cost but still excellent pistols. HK needs something similar.
HK owners are alive and well over at [removed].
Rugers are more reliable than HK? I don't think so. HK quality and reliability is outstanding. Sometimes you get what you pay for, firearms are one of those things.

"I am easily satisfied with the very best."
-Winston Churchill

Last edited by JonM; 04-04-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: external forum
People Like This 
Old 03-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #12
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Maybe HK owners just have a lot less to talk about because their guns always work---as for parts and accessories---havn't needed any parts and I don't have any problems obtaining holsters, mags, etc. Just shoot and enjoy...

Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #13

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by USVI View Post
HK owners are alive and well over at [removed].
Rugers are more reliable than HK? I don't think so. HK quality and reliability is outstanding. Sometimes you get what you pay for, firearms are one of those things.
been there for a number of years, lots of good links too, that is where I first found the link to my match barell...

Last edited by JonM; 04-04-2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: external forum

Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #14

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Most people won't spend the money for an HK. If you have a good LGS and are patient you can find one for a reasonable price. About two years ago I bought a barely used USP .45 v.1 for $600. I agree about the parts part too. They are hard to find and expensive. I had to shell out $100 for a factory 12 round magazine. That's crazy.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #15

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Most people won't spend the money for an HK. If you have a good LGS and are patient you can find one for a reasonable price. About two years ago I bought a barely used USP .45 v.1 for $600. I agree about the parts part too. They are hard to find and expensive. I had to shell out $100 for a factory 12 round magazine. That's crazy.
Man who ripped you off???
Next time try Gun Broker I bought mine there for around $35.00 each!!!
Parts have never been a issue as mine in over 70,000 rounds and 12 years has never needed any.

But as USVI pointed out in post no 11 the HK pro forum is a good place and it has multiple links to all kinds of HK resources parts and Armorers.

Last edited by 2manyhobbies; 04-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #16

Thanks 2many, $35 sounds a lot more reasonable. Guess I way over paid.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have a full size usp.45 and i LOVE IT! I've had it for years. I also had a compact usp .45 but was stolen out of my truck last year in May. I will probably never get it back and with the holster I invested over $900. I have a couple glocks and love them too but my H&K was the first handgun I ever purchased. I actually got into the H&K name after playing Metal Gear Solid on the original playstation back in the late 90's. They are expensive but worth every penny IMO

All guns are created equal

Old 04-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #18

Indeed they are. I really want a P30 and I'd like to learn more about P7s. I hear the squeeze cocker is great, I've never held one though.

I really hope the sub forum picks up. There is a lot to learn about HKs for a guy like me(31). It seems only the "old timers" know a lot about them. I guess my generation just wants a $500 Glock and any old kydex holster.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #19

Liked 57 Times on 46 Posts

I have a P7 and it is outstanding. The gas delayed blowback system is nearly foolproof reliable over a wide range of pressures. It is very accurate due to the fixed barrel and very light trigger pull. It is also very safe with the heavy squeeze cocking mechanism. Kids won't easily figure it out or have the strength to compress it and, in the rare chance it is taken from me, it is unlikely the assailant would squeeze hard enough to engage the striker.
But, it is heavy, limited mag capacity, most mags are heel releases and not button, gets very hot, is no longer in production, barrel requires factory replacement (wish mine was threaded), and the mags are $70!
HK's are premium guns at premium prices. Lack of parts and service don't help either.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Indeed they are. I really want a P30 and I'd like to learn more about P7s. I hear the squeeze cocker is great, I've never held one though.

I really hope the sub forum picks up. There is a lot to learn about HKs for a guy like me(31). It seems only the "old timers" know a lot about them. I guess my generation just wants a $500 Glock and any old kydex holster.
I have a p30 and it is the favorite of myself and my friends to shoot. When I take it shooting, it is the one I always have to look for because it tends to magically disappear from the shooting bench. My friends not only love that gun, they also think they are hysterical. If you're interested, you should definitely buy one. I guess us HK owners don't talk about our HK's much because we're too busy at work trying to pay for another one.