USP 45Compact - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > USP 45Compact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45

I own the compact and I love it and have it in my carry rotation. Not quite as balanced as the full size but still feels good in hand. Not really a compact gun like the name suggest, more like a mid sized. Too big for my wifes hands, but she has tiny hands.
My wife has small hands as well. But if the grip is the same just shorter the compact won't help. Oh well if she decides she want mine I'll just have to get me a tactical.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwalkerjr View Post
My wife has small hands as well. But if the grip is the same just shorter the compact won't help. Oh well if she decides she want mine I'll just have to get me a tactical.
MDW, all joking aside, start hitting the gunstores and see what fits her hand the best. if really leaning towards the H&K brand, look to see what alternatives they offer in something with a thinner grip. see if they offer slimmer grip panels that can aid her grip on them.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

MDW, all joking aside, start hitting the gunstores and see what fits her hand the best. if really leaning towards the H&K brand, look to see what alternatives they offer in something with a thinner grip. see if they offer slimmer grip panels that can aid her grip on them.
Over the next couple of weeks I'll have her fire quite a few and look at others. I'm not a big fan of striker fired pistols which reduces the options. At 64 I'm kind of a traditional guy. In the end it's up to her. It's for her home defense when I'm traveling which is often.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Went ahead and got both HK 45 and 45c

Old 08-18-2013, 03:34 AM   #15
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I really like the outcome---get both! I have a USPf 45 and a 45C---like 'em both...

Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyo
I really like the outcome---get both! I have a USPf 45 and a 45C---like 'em both...
Picked the 45c up today. To the range on Thursday. Will see if she likes it. Pick the 45 up in 30 days.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 321 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Went ahead and got both HK 45 and 45c
Great decison - The USP line has larger controls positioned like 1911 vs the new HK line. In addiiton, the decocker is frame mounted on the USP vs frame mounted on HK line. Other than that, the newer HK line has superior ergos.

In general, shorter barrels will always have better balance.

Almost a year later, are you happy w purchase ?

Old 03-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I'm happy with all three. The USP 45. The HK 45 & the 45c. My wife shoots the c and likes it a lot. She creams the bullseye with it. I also have a Kimber Custom II CDP and a Colt Commander xse.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-07-2014, 01:42 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 321 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
I'm happy with all three. The USP 45. The HK 45 & the 45c. My wife shoots the c and likes it a lot. She creams the bullseye with it. I also have a Kimber Custom II CDP and a Colt Commander xse.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Always nice to have a Colt or two. I've got the Officers & Combat Cmdr. I was trying to recall which was more accurate - never shot all four at one range session.

Wish HK went w 5" barrel on full size USP. While I enjoy shooting the 45C - calling it a "Compact" - is kind of an inside joke. My admiration for it went up when the starting makeing 10 rd clips.

Problem w HK is lack of aftermarket support. Only 1 fiber optic sight made for the competition model. I added it to both of my guns - also adj sight. Old eyes need help.