USP 45Compact
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > USP 45Compact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default USP 45Compact

I have a full size which I love. Problem is my wife thinks she likes it better than her PX4 Storm 9. I think the grip is too big for her so I'm thinking the Compact. An Instructor friend of mines says the balance of the Compact isn't as good as the full size. Feedback appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwalkerjr
I have a full size which I love. Problem is my wife thinks she likes it better than her PX4 Storm 9. I think the grip is too big for her so I'm thinking the Compact. An Instructor friend of mines says the balance of the Compact isn't as good as the full size. Feedback appreciated.
Dunno, I guess let her pick what feels best in her hand, and if it happens to be your gun, start savin those pennies so you can buy another one!

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwalkerjr View Post
what you think is not the issue, but what fits her hand. i have seen too many times when a man thought that his wife or GF needed some small pistol, to only be suprised at what the little lady picked out and could shoot quite well.

would you pick out shoes for your wife to wear? probably not. then why do men feel the need to pick out the pistol their wife uses?
Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 502

I owned a USP 45 (full size) for a number of years and it was very easy to shoot accurately and recoil was mild. That said, the pistol was not designed for those with small hands. If your wife has small hands, then the USP is probably not the best choice, unless she just likes shooting it and prefers it.

The grip of the compact is not dimensionally smaller from what I recall, except in height because of the lower capacity magazines. The USP is not what I would call a readily concealable pistol, but it's noticeably lighter in comparison to an all-steel 1911, durable, and accurate.

I would opt for the compact or compact tactical model for a carry gun over the full size. It might be worth it to try out the new HK45 compact, too, as the grip size is noticeably smaller. The HK45's are just product-improved USP 45's.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
I owned a USP 45 (full size) for a number of years and it was very easy to shoot accurately and recoil was mild. That said, the pistol was not designed for those with small hands. If your wife has small hands, then the USP is probably not the best choice, unless she just likes shooting it and prefers it.

The grip of the compact is not dimensionally smaller from what I recall, except in height because of the lower capacity magazines. The USP is not what I would call a readily concealable pistol, but it's noticeably lighter in comparison to an all-steel 1911, durable, and accurate.

I would opt for the compact or compact tactical model for a carry gun over the full size. It might be worth it to try out the new HK45 compact, too, as the grip size is noticeably smaller. The HK45's are just product-improved USP 45's.
Unfortunately in CA an HK45 is not an option. She'll shoot my USP45 again today along with a USP 9 Compact, a M&P 45, a Sig 220, my Kimber, her PX4 which is full size but with the small backstrap and a Glock 23. Then she can decide.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
what you think is not the issue, but what fits her hand. i have seen too many times when a man thought that his wife or GF needed some small pistol, to only be suprised at what the little lady picked out and could shoot quite well.

would you pick out shoes for your wife to wear? probably not. then why do men feel the need to pick out the pistol their wife uses?
But they always ask our opinion.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1100 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

I will buy my wife a gun, hand it to her, and she always finds something she does not like about it.

So far this little game has scored me about half dozen guns, but I think she is starting to catch on. Lol

Old 08-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #8

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I will buy my wife a gun, hand it to her, and she always finds something she does not like about it.

So far this little game has scored me about half dozen guns, but I think she is starting to catch on. Lol
What are you doing, buying her guns that you want? Lol

Old 08-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #9

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
I own the compact and I love it and have it in my carry rotation. Not quite as balanced as the full size but still feels good in hand. Not really a compact gun like the name suggest, more like a mid sized. Too big for my wifes hands, but she has tiny hands.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
But they always ask our opinion.
the next time your wife asks you if the dress she's wearing, makes her look fat, what is your answer going to be?

but of course they are going to ask our opinion, doesn't mean they are going to use it!