Usp .45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > Usp .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Usp .45

Looking to buy a USP .45 wondering if I could get some first hand knowledge of the firearm, instead of a bunch of YouTube videos on how to break the thing down and put it back together. Thank y'all.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 531 Times on 321 Posts

I think you are looking at getting a very top quality firearm. They are very accurate. Easy to handle. If you have big hands you will have no problem they are a little thick. You are going to pay allot for them. I hope this help you.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 12-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I own one and love it expensive to own and shoot. Definitly requires a different method of training if you decide to carry it. Mags are expensive so if you find some cheap buy them, but try to stick with factory stuff. I don't know if they make them anymore but steer clear of aftermarket hi-cap mags. As far as youtube goes i think you'll get the most genuine opinion of the pros and cons of this particular firearm. If you plan to keep it for awhile buy extra parts. H&k has a reputation for not being very helpful when it comes to their US market unless you have govt contract.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #4

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts

My HK USP .40 does come with I lil steeper price tag but here more than anywhere the old addage applies " you get what you pay for".
Now that doesn't mean cheaper guns cannot be quality, its just that you buy a thousand dollar hk you know its 1000 worth of quality, craftmanship, and confidence that weapon is going to perform consistently. So far my USP has not failed me in any aspect. Working towards a 45 elite next,, and while I like many different weapons,, I love my HK "Kindness"....

Old 12-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts

Oh and gunsavy,, its a .45, What brand it is has little to do with it, would still be expensive if you were shooting a zip gun with 45's.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #6

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

take down is quick and easy, bottom line is you can strip and dissemble in 10 seconds, and put it back together in 15... breakdown is easer than an 1911, and no tools required.

You will love this gun!!!

point in safe direction
Drop mag
clear weapon
move / hold slide to 3/4 open
press slide lock out from the right side by pressing on end with finger tip
complete removal from the left
remove slide
remove slide spring, pay attention to which side is up
unlock and remove barrel
done..
to reassemble do in reverse...

Last edited by 2manyhobbies; 12-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've owned a USPf 45 for several years now---never jammed---this particular pistol just can't seem to miss---you gotta love that! Now having said that, I believe I would look at a USPc 45 or a 45C first---a smaller gun all-around. In fact, I recently bought a 45C---like it a lot---but still keeping my USPf...

Old 01-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #8

Liked 51 Times on 38 Posts

You won't believe it when they say 30% less felt recoil, but it is true. Love my 45c shoots very light.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #9

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I am in love with my usp45 full size. Its a little big but I have no problem with any of the controls or holding. I wouldn't carry it because its a tank but it shoots so smooth and accuracy is unbelievable. Mags suck because they cost an arm and a leg though. That's the only downfall.

Oh and check out CDNN.com. I called and ordered mine brand new for 795.00

spit hell fire

Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 251 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
I am in love with my usp45 full size. Its a little big but I have no problem with any of the controls or holding. I wouldn't carry it because its a tank but it shoots so smooth and accuracy is unbelievable. Mags suck because they cost an arm and a leg though. That's the only downfall.

Oh and check out CDNN.com. I called and ordered mine brand new for 795.00
I'm with ya on the mags & for that price they should be made of stainless steel !!!

I have both USP & USP Compact - compact is not really compact but it does have better balance like all shorter barreled guns.

Unlike Glocks, USP's shoot lead very well and reloads are not a problem. The recoil springs on the compacts do not last as long as the full size models, nor due they have the patented recoil reduction system. I'd stick w full size model.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 01-15-2013 at 01:42 AM.