Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Heckler & Koch Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f176/)
-   -   thinking about a 9mm p30 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f176/thinking-about-9mm-p30-83767/)

aikimo 02-08-2013 09:58 PM

thinking about a 9mm p30

Dear all,

I am new to guns and this forum. Just bought a Glock g17 in 9mm that I really like. A guy at the range today let me shoot his sig p220 45mm and I was amazed at how smooth it was. I spoke to the salesperson about the sig and she suggested the p30. (I want to stick with 9mm.) Wow I was very impressed with it. Here is the question, how is the p30 going to fire vs my Glock? Since they are both poly guns, will it fire the same as the Glock, and and more similar to the sig? Is there a better h&k in 9mm?

Sorry if this is a dumb question
Thanks
Mo

fordracing 02-20-2013 01:45 AM

I've never shot the glock, but my p30 is very comfortable, very accurate and has the longest trigger pull ever made. My wife thought the gun was broken. I think the long trigger is a safety feature because mine has no manual safety

aikimo 02-20-2013 09:45 PM

Thanks. I wound up buying the p30. Yes the da is soooooooooooo long but the sa is sweet. I am hoping that the da gets a little better after it breaks in a bit.. Love the way it shoots

jyo 02-21-2013 05:50 AM

You made the right choice! Enjoy!

donnier03 05-05-2013 06:04 PM

wish the HK P30 came in the variant 7....

DrumJunkie 05-05-2013 07:34 PM

No knock against Glock but the HK in my opinion is a better built pistol. Admittedly I am not a Glock fan but it's more about preferences and not their quality or reliability. I just see the HK in this comparison to be a better built pistol and I like the option of a DA/SA trigger. And I much prefer a pistol with hammer over striker fired pistols (preference remember?) The ergonomics of a Glock just never felt right to me to begin with when I compared to some other pistols. The HK being one that I really like the ergo.

gearhead396 05-05-2013 07:46 PM

The p30 is much more comfortable than the glock in my opinion. But what drumjunkie said about hk being better built. That's just a fact! :p

Byron0022 05-06-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikimo
Thanks. I wound up buying the p30. Yes the da is soooooooooooo long but the sa is sweet. I am hoping that the da gets a little better after it breaks in a bit.. Love the way it shoots

It does, I was concerned about mine too but it's smoothed out a little.

Flat Tire 05-23-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing (Post 1145047)
I've never shot the glock, but my p30 is very comfortable, very accurate and has the longest trigger pull ever made. My wife thought the gun was broken. I think the long trigger is a safety feature because mine has no manual safety

The fact that this pistol , the P30, has no manual safety is the best feature. I am the product of learning how to handle a wheel gun when my father first took me shooting and if the pistol has a hammer on it, like the P30 does, then there is no reason to clutter things up with a manual thumb safety. The P30 is the best design for a person with the wheel gun mentality. It also has a decocker.

HeatSpitta510 07-09-2013 02:20 AM

Just recently bought my first pistol and I chose the Sig P229 40s&w ..I'm really satisfied with it ..a very top quality pistol that ill probably always keep,but now I'm interested in a 9mm and today I checked out the HK P30 and I'm really impressed....my question is ..being a polymer pistol is it really worth the high price tag? HK owners let me know what you think