Tactical or compact
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > Tactical or compact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 51 Times on 38 Posts

Default Tactical or compact

I own a 45 compact and like it a lot, bought a ct laser an paired it with Mitch Rosen holster. Wicked shooter. So a friend wants to but either the same unit or the 45 tactical, which should I lean him towards? Love mine but I was thinking if they were same size maybe we could switch barrels

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 512 Times on 314 Posts

I don't think you can switch barrels between your compact and your buddy's tactical .
As for what your buddy should buy . If he plans on carry his HK I would recommend the full size or compact and not the tactical, because of the longer barrel .

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 09-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #3

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

simple answer, which one fits your hands best...

Old 09-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #4

Liked 515 Times on 278 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
simple answer, which one fits your hands best...
That's a good answer.

I guess my question would be, what does he intend it for? For home defense, aside from size issues, I'd much rather have the tactical. There's no reason not to go full-size if you don't intend to carry it.

If it is a possible CCW, compact just because there will be less temptation to leave it behind.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
That's a good answer.

I guess my question would be, what does he intend it for? For home defense, aside from size issues, I'd much rather have the tactical. There's no reason not to go full-size if you don't intend to carry it.

If it is a possible CCW, compact just because there will be less temptation to leave it behind.
Um I carry a full size USP .45, with an extended threaded O ring match barrel for my silencer.
It not only fits my hands like a glove but is easy to conceal in my Dillon leather pancake. Never been outed once in the over 10 years I have been carrying it...

Old 09-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #6

Liked 515 Times on 278 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
Um I carry a full size USP .45, with an extended threaded O ring match barrel for my silencer.
It not only fits my hands like a glove but is easy to conceal in my Dillon leather pancake. Never been outed once in the over 10 years I have been carrying it...
For you. Some people prefer compacts for ease of concealment.

That said, if they wouldn't have an issue concealing a full-size handgun that would just be another strike against the compact.

I generally don't like compact handguns. For concealment purposes they have their place or for small-handed shooters. However, it seems like a lot of people compromise on a compact without really thinking it through.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

2manyhobbies Likes This 
Old 09-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #7

+1 at 6'4" and 250# small just does not fit the hand so accuracy suffers, Yeah I have other small guns for a BUG but... Like I said earlier what fits your hand the best is the one you will want.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #8

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

USP's double stack mag make the pistols size you either love it or hate it. Like previously said if you got big hands which I do,,, palms really, oddly short fingers....
Anyways the fullsize grip fits me very well, and zero problems concealing either.