Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Heckler & Koch Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f176/)
-   -   Tactical or compact (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f176/tactical-compact-96332/)

cotex 08-31-2013 10:36 PM

Tactical or compact

I own a 45 compact and like it a lot, bought a ct laser an paired it with Mitch Rosen holster. Wicked shooter. So a friend wants to but either the same unit or the 45 tactical, which should I lean him towards? Love mine but I was thinking if they were same size maybe we could switch barrels

SSGSF 08-31-2013 10:59 PM

I don't think you can switch barrels between your compact and your buddy's tactical .
As for what your buddy should buy . If he plans on carry his HK I would recommend the full size or compact and not the tactical, because of the longer barrel .

2manyhobbies 09-02-2013 09:19 PM

simple answer, which one fits your hands best...

CrazedJava 09-03-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies (Post 1355794)
simple answer, which one fits your hands best...

That's a good answer.

I guess my question would be, what does he intend it for? For home defense, aside from size issues, I'd much rather have the tactical. There's no reason not to go full-size if you don't intend to carry it.

If it is a possible CCW, compact just because there will be less temptation to leave it behind.

2manyhobbies 09-04-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazedJava (Post 1356611)
That's a good answer.

I guess my question would be, what does he intend it for? For home defense, aside from size issues, I'd much rather have the tactical. There's no reason not to go full-size if you don't intend to carry it.

If it is a possible CCW, compact just because there will be less temptation to leave it behind.

Um I carry a full size USP .45, with an extended threaded O ring match barrel for my silencer. :eek:
It not only fits my hands like a glove but is easy to conceal in my Dillon leather pancake. Never been outed once in the over 10 years I have been carrying it...:cool:

CrazedJava 09-04-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies (Post 1357833)
Um I carry a full size USP .45, with an extended threaded O ring match barrel for my silencer. :eek:
It not only fits my hands like a glove but is easy to conceal in my Dillon leather pancake. Never been outed once in the over 10 years I have been carrying it...:cool:

For you. Some people prefer compacts for ease of concealment.

That said, if they wouldn't have an issue concealing a full-size handgun that would just be another strike against the compact.

I generally don't like compact handguns. For concealment purposes they have their place or for small-handed shooters. However, it seems like a lot of people compromise on a compact without really thinking it through.

2manyhobbies 09-06-2013 12:31 AM

+1 at 6'4" and 250# small just does not fit the hand so accuracy suffers, Yeah I have other small guns for a BUG but... Like I said earlier what fits your hand the best is the one you will want.:D

304inc 09-14-2013 02:12 AM

USP's double stack mag make the pistols size you either love it or hate it. Like previously said if you got big hands which I do,,, palms really, oddly short fingers....
Anyways the fullsize grip fits me very well, and zero problems concealing either.