Shooting :-)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > Shooting :-)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Default Shooting :-)

IT is real spooky shooting my silenced HK, one good result is I have stopped jerking the gun, one tends to concentrate on the sights more closely if you are not anticipating a loud noies....

On a side note new TulAmo (AKA Wolf) is shooting well, got a good deal on a K at J&G out of Prescott.

I thought about how much I could save if I just waited until the next time I went for a drive and simply dropped by for a visit. But AZ 8% sales tax vs shipping was a break even proposition and I get the ammo now and not next spring.

Unseasonably warm here in MI, can you say outside range time...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies
On a side note new TulAmo (AKA Wolf) is shooting well, got a good deal on a K at J&G out of Prescott.
Well when a gun costs that much it better make up for it with being able to shoot cheap ammo.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #3

Time to break the myth bubble.... steel cased ammo will not harm your gun!

The rounds are made from soft steel, if you compare these cases to brass the steel they use is actually a tad softer (been through this discussion before, many times) I tested them myself, Winchester, Federal brass vs Wolf steel.

The only difference other than cost is corrosion resistance, in a hostile weather environment, brass is superior. I reload and when at the outdoor range unless you tarp the area, you will loose a significant amount of your $$$ brass. But the steel, it will rust into the environment, and my old back doesn't have to pick up the mt's.

Now at the indoor range, that is a different story. Broom them into a dust pan and you are good to go:-)

Old 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #4

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
Time to break the myth bubble.... steel cased ammo will not harm your gun!

The rounds are made from soft steel, if you compare these cases to brass the steel they use is actually a tad softer (been through this discussion before, many times) I tested them myself, Winchester, Federal brass vs Wolf steel.

The only difference other than cost is corrosion resistance, in a hostile weather environment, brass is superior. I reload and when at the outdoor range unless you tarp the area, you will loose a significant amount of your $$$ brass. But the steel, it will rust into the environment, and my old back doesn't have to pick up the mt's.

Now at the indoor range, that is a different story. Broom them into a dust pan and you are good to go:-)
It's just personal preference with me to use brass over steel. I always pick up my spent casings. I hate going to a range that looks like it has never been cleaned.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I want to go to that range. I am addicted to picking up the brass people left behind even if I don't have that caliber. I guess I think I might get a gun that will shoot the brass I pick up.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #6

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I've had a tulammo .45 split in my chamber of my usp 45. Never used it again. Threw away half a box. I've always heard of that happening to people but never thought it would to me. Guess I was wrong. Now I can't even think about shooting cheap ammo through a 900.00 gun again. Ill stick to federal and Remington for plinking

spit hell fire

Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
I've had a tulammo .45 split in my chamber of my usp 45. Never used it again. Threw away half a box. I've always heard of that happening to people but never thought it would to me. Guess I was wrong. Now I can't even think about shooting cheap ammo through a 900.00 gun again. Ill stick to federal and Remington for plinking
Had that happen about 2 years ago with some Wolf's, ended up with 3 splits out of two boxes, and I sent Wolf an e mail, (had purchased a lot of 500 rounds), and they acted very quickly sending me a return label and replaced them all very fast.

I have to say I have not had any issues since, and I cycle several thousand of them a year.....

On a side note I have had multiple brass failures in multiple guns too, but I did not throw away the box, I looked for a problem, and if I got a repeat then I acted contacting the company.

JIC You should have contacted them if you had an issue, to let them know of a process problem...