Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Heckler & Koch Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f176/)
-   -   The PSP P7... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f176/psp-p7-98903/)

danf_fl 10-16-2013 12:08 AM

The PSP P7...
 
frame and trigger guard do get kind of warm with rapid shooting.

I tried mine against on a dueling tree with a young marine who was shooting an RIA 1911.

Burned my trigger finger on guard when unloading second mag.

drvsafe 10-16-2013 05:14 AM

They added a heat shield to the P7M8. As well as a change to the mag release.

msup752 10-16-2013 12:55 PM

I took mine out two days ago to hit falling plates. I had 2 mags and if I had any rounds left I would rapid fire them off.
It took about 100 rounds before the underside got so hot it was downright painful to rest my trigger finger there. Mine is a PSP.
These guns are outstanding for defensive use but would suck in combat.
I wish I could get more of them but they are so expensive.

drvsafe 10-17-2013 03:20 AM

I would love to own a P7M8 myself. They are uber expensive these days and getting higher and higher too. One day....

Mercator 10-17-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe (Post 1403999)
I would love to own a P7M8 myself. They are uber expensive these days and getting higher and higher too. One day....

A refinished PSP straight from HK will serve you just as well, for some $500 less. The trigger guard plastic insert will make a P7M8 gentler on your skin if you train with it in serial rapid fire drills. (Unless you wear gloves anyway) You also get a slightly bigger striker and the US type mag release, that's it. A P7M8 will likely be LE surplus changing hands, not redone and graded by HK. Something to consider.

Morgo 10-17-2013 11:41 PM

Mines a PSP, it takes a bit more than a couple mags for it to get hot.

drvsafe 10-18-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator
A refinished PSP straight from HK will serve you just as well, for some $500 less. The trigger guard plastic insert will make a P7M8 gentler on your skin if you train with it in serial rapid fire drills. (Unless you wear gloves anyway) You also get a slightly bigger striker and the US type mag release, that's it. A P7M8 will likely be LE surplus changing hands, not redone and graded by HK. Something to consider.

Made me go hmm! I couldn't afford either as of now, so it's pie in the sky for me. I leaned more toward the M8 for the mag release.

Mercator 10-18-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drvsafe (Post 1404837)
Made me go hmm! I couldn't afford either as of now, so it's pie in the sky for me. I leaned more toward the M8 for the mag release.

With that fine arsenal you got for trade?:D

drvsafe 10-18-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator
With that fine arsenal you got for trade?:D

I learned the hard way that the only thing you get when you sell or trade a firearm (or guitar) is regret.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.