Price friendly??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > Price friendly??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default Price friendly??

I said the same thing about sigs too until I found one in my price range. Does HK have any pistols in a "sweet" spot price range? I mean for a polymer pistol, you would think they would have some less than 900+ bucks? If their are some out there open my eyes to them please. Cause if not, i wouldn't be disappointed considering there's still glock, sig, xd's, m&p's etc who make polymer wonders.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have a p30. If you look around you can find them for the 900-1000 range.. It is an excellent pistol..

Old 07-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #3

Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts

Got my P30 at Cabelas for around $900

Old 07-16-2013, 02:03 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Yea, that's the issue, I really cant see paying 900-1000 bucks for a polymer framed pistol. From a competitive standpoint, you would think they would try to offer pistols that compares to the competition but what do I know. I saw a used one (forget the model) and even that was like 700+.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:36 AM   #5

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

HK. Because you suck, and we hate you.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/

Rolex doesn't offer an "economy" model, either. HK won't go below a certain price point because their target demographic is a very specific niche within the gun community. HK doesn't really cater to the civilian market, either.

I like their pistols, but DAMN, they're way overpriced for a commoner like myself. I'm saving up to get another HK, but sometimes it can be hard to justify the cost when Sigs and Glocks do the same job at a fraction of the price.

They got their hooks in me when I fired a USP for the first time... Now I've got the HK bug.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 07-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSpeed
HK. Because you suck, and we hate you.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/

Rolex doesn't offer an "economy" model, either. HK won't go below a certain price point because their target demographic is a very specific niche within the gun community. HK doesn't really cater to the civilian market, either.

I like their pistols, but DAMN, they're way overpriced for a commoner like myself. I'm saving up to get another HK, but sometimes it can be hard to justify the cost when Sigs and Glocks do the same job at a fraction of the price.

They got their hooks in me when I fired a USP for the first time... Now I've got the HK bug.
Up here in Canada , Sigs and HK's are priced the same. Just over a grand for either choice. If you can imagine this , the GLOCK 21 Gen 4 sells for 800 plus taxes. So for a few hundred more.....I'll take the HK's. USP 45 sells for 1029.00

Old 07-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #7

Liked 113 Times on 85 Posts

Used or police trade in is the only sweet spot your gonna get on hk. I admit I would own a lot more of these if they were not so dang expensive. Dealer cost must be high since gun shops that have great prices in my area don't have great prices on hk. Gotta bite the bullet and fork out the cash if you want one.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:39 AM   #8

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
Used or police trade in is the only sweet spot your gonna get on hk. I admit I would own a lot more of these if they were not so dang expensive. Dealer cost must be high since gun shops that have great prices in my area don't have great prices on hk. Gotta bite the bullet and fork out the cash if you want one.
High price tag yes I can agree with that, although I never paid more then 900 for any of my HK's USP40-$800 USP45-$825 HK45-$899 P30-$900 I did shop around to get them at good prices but u get what u pay for, they are the most accurate and reliable handguns I've ever owned and I've had a lot of handguns over the years well worth what I paid for them.

Work Hard Play Hard

Old 09-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #9

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 148

I bought a used, in good condition, USP Compact 9mm for 550 two years ago...I thought it was a good buy but I have since seen an identical one in .40 about the same and a newer 9mm for 600. USP's seem to find their way to the selling block for a more affordable price.

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.