The Pinnacle of Polymer Pistols: The HK45 Review with HD Video - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > The Pinnacle of Polymer Pistols: The HK45 Review with HD Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Before you get back on your soapbox, read a detailed list of injuries sustained by William Matix and Michael Platt in the 1986 FBI Miami Shootout.

Toxicology tests showed that the abilities of Platt and Matix to fight through multiple traumatic gunshot wounds and continue to battle and attempt to escape were not achieved through any chemical means. Both of their bodies were drug-free at the time of their deaths.

William Matix was killed after being shot six times.
Michael Platt was kiilled after being shot 12 times

Granted this was before modern ammo like JHPs, but its important to note that even without JHPs both received fatal wounds within the first few SECONDS of the shootout. Both fought fiercely for 5 minutes straight The two of them managed to kill 2 and wound 7 FBI agents.

Sometimes you need extra ammo. If you can carry it comfortably, great. If you can't, fine but don't act like it makes you a better shooter.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 08-30-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:08 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Well this thread has gone to sh*t.

This is my unsubbing from it.

Have fun with your ridiculous capacity debate, once again, everyone.

I'm out.

To the OP - I'm glad you enjoy your HK. Have fun with it.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #33
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 509 Times on 312 Posts

I would not say that the HK45 is the pinnacle of polymer Guns. Because its only made for a small market. I would have to say the USP line is the pinnacle , because of it proven reliability and accurate. I have never had a ftf of any kind .

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 08-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #34

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Oh, boy...here we go.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #35

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamivice View Post
Unreal.

It's great you can pound the centre out of a stationary target at 120'. Congrats.

But being in a real firefight will normally be within 10 feet. So my point is 10 rounds is more then enough. And my comment was directed to those who would dismiss the HK45 right off the bat due to the 10 round mag limit.

If you can't put down an attacker with 10 shots inside 10 feet or less.....yes, you need more practice. No disrespect meant to anyone.
Yep NO 1 rule of a gun fight is to have one that is a given...

If you are letting the BG's (on the street they are like dogs and tend to travel in packs) get within 10' then there is no gun fight, you are now bleeding out or dead...

Police shoot at 10', why because they encounter all kinds of creeps and criminals at traffic stops.

However we have to pay attention, and maintain our 21' minimum safety rule. I don't care if it involves crossing the street, ducking into a store, going a different direction but pay attention and never, and I repeat never let a perp inside your radius, they can knife you, and you will die long before you can even use the 2-3 second time it takes most realize they are in deep poo and draw....

Muscle memory and practice, and I would like to encourage everyone to bit the bullet, spend the $$$ which is often enough to buy a nice hand gun, but spend it for some advanced training, and then practice for that is how you will react in a crisis...

Be safe it is you and your loved ones lives on the line out there so practice!!

Old 08-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Interesting discussion. I own a Kimber Custom II CDP, Beretta PX4 9mm, USP 45 Fullsize and an HK 45c. Picking my HK 45 Fullsize up in a few weeks prior to buying the USP (my 1st HK) I rented and shot an XD, Glock 21 & 21SF, M&P, P220, Ruger and a few others. The USP felt better in my hand and for me shot better. There are a lot of great handguns out there. I've just become a fan of HK.