Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > The Pinnacle of Polymer Pistols: The HK45 Review with HD Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamivice View Post
You clearly need more practice if 10 rounds of .45 ACP isn't enough for you.
at 120 yards I can put all 12 rounds CM on a silhouette with my USP can you???

I can draw put 2 cm at 30' from the hip and finish my Mozambique in 2 seconds or less... how about you??

No 1 rule in a gunfight he with the most ammo has a serious tactical advantage....

Case in point 50' 4 stage dueling tree, me my USP my son his supped up 1911... let's just say the 25 year old who describes himself as "the best shot in the world" or at least in the family... Well made him look real bad...

Skill comes with practice, thousands and hundreds of thousands of rounds over many years, youth cannot displace in a short period of time what has been learned over the last 62 years...

If HK had a 15 round option for my USP I would have it, and so should you...
Old 08-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies

at 120 yards I can put all 12 rounds CM on a silhouette with my USP can you???

I can draw put 2 cm at 30' from the hip and finish my Mozambique in 2 seconds or less... how about you??

No 1 rule in a gunfight he with the most ammo has a serious tactical advantage....

Case in point 50' 4 stage dueling tree, me my USP my son his supped up 1911... let's just say the 25 year old who describes himself as "the best shot in the world" or at least in the family... Well made him look real bad...

Skill comes with practice, thousands and hundreds of thousands of rounds over many years, youth cannot displace in a short period of time what has been learned over the last 62 years...

If HK had a 15 round option for my USP I would have it, and so should you...
Actually the #1 rule in a gunfight is to have a gun.

Always have clean socks.

2manyhobbies Likes This 
Old 08-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamivice

You clearly need more practice if 10 rounds of .45 ACP isn't enough for you.
So everyone who likes to carry high capacity magazines is a bad shot?

:FACEPALM:

Here we go again.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 08-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Here we go again.
DON'T START.

Please....

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

DON'T START.

Please....
I can't. I'm too bad of a shot. I need to start carrying a musket so I can be a better shooter like miamivice.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

Old 08-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

While my usp compact is a 40, i did compare it to a sig p229 in 40 that my cousin just bought.. Both Great guns, but i gotta tell you that i Really liked the way the usp shot.. Perceived recoil was a lot better than the sig.... Just another data point.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Here we go again.
Unreal.

It's great you can pound the centre out of a stationary target at 120'. Congrats.

But being in a real firefight will normally be within 10 feet. So my point is 10 rounds is more then enough. And my comment was directed to those who would dismiss the HK45 right off the bat due to the 10 round mag limit.

If you can't put down an attacker with 10 shots inside 10 feet or less.....yes, you need more practice. No disrespect meant to anyone.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3859 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Sorry Miamivice, but a "Firefight?"- I think I will stick with a battle rifle in a firefight. If my sidearm is drawn, then the **** has really hit the fan. In a self defensive shooting-ok, maybe 10 is enough. Still, that is a personal choice. More then 10 is better then less. Why not the HK? HK is mainly an international dealer of military weapons. Their guns are designed for this environment. HK 45 was created to compete in the military testing for a new sidearm. Unfortunitely, Baretta won due to cost factors, and the universal NATO round issue. (Yea, I said it). This pistol is made for the harshest conditions. Remember, you can carry an extra mag, or buy an extended mag. In a home invasion, 10 ain't **** baby!

Old 08-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #29

Liked 468 Times on 249 Posts
Likes Given: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamivice View Post
Unreal.

It's great you can pound the centre out of a stationary target at 120'. Congrats.

But being in a real firefight will normally be within 10 feet. So my point is 10 rounds is more then enough. And my comment was directed to those who would dismiss the HK45 right off the bat due to the 10 round mag limit.

If you can't put down an attacker with 10 shots inside 10 feet or less.....yes, you need more practice. No disrespect meant to anyone.
Thank goodness that no one will ever face more than one attacker!

Seriously, I don't want to get into a capacity debate, but the assertion that you should always be able to do it within [X] rounds is easily shot down.

Life doesn't always follow the parameters we'd like.

Incidentally, my handgun has 10 rounds of .45 ACP. Doesn't mean I think less of those that have 8 round magazines or 13 round magazines.

I've also never heard anyone complain they had too many bullets in a firefight. Sadly, I do know people who have fired weapons in combat. At least they are still around to tell the story but none of them ever said "Well, if I couldn't do it in 10 rounds I shouldn't be in combat!"

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

Old 08-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamivice

Unreal.

I never said I could do anything at 120 yards. I've never shot a handgun at 120 yards.

My longest pistol shot ever was an 8inch plate at 87 yards when I was in the police academy. I had the longest distance in my class and was very proud of that shot. :-) Obviously anyone who is shooting tight groups with a .45 out at the 120 yard line is a much better shooter than I am.

Try reading the thread and actually paying attention to what others are saying before you post your own opinion. It helps you LOOK like you're trying to have an intelligent discussion and not just preaching about how bad of a marksmen we double stacked magazine packers are, and how useless extra ammunition is in a "firefight."