P30 or USP

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > P30 or USP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default P30 or USP

Which of the two models do you guys think is better?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #2

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Depends on you and how the gun fits... the full sized USP .45 fits me like a custom made glove.

Which is why I got it so reasonably, the person I bought it from (over 10 years ago) had small hands....

Old 02-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
Depends on you and how the gun fits... the full sized USP .45 fits me like a custom made glove.

Which is why I got it so reasonably, the person I bought it from (10 year ago) had small hands....
That's pretty much your answer. They're both good guns, albeit a little stressful on some wallets.

I've shot both and own neither. My preference in a similar gun is the XDm. But the P30 would be an excellent alternative for me (I have medium sized hands, prefer a slimmer frame when all else is equal) and I like just about everything about the gun apart from the price and expensive mags. I'd also add that the M&P and FNP/FNX lines of guns would be excellent options...again, for me. Everything about these guns are excellent for my tastes and fit in a high-cap service type pistol.

The USP can feel oversized and blocky for a lot of shooters, but comfy if you require a larger grip. Getting each in hand should really answer your question in mere seconds. Whichever feels more natural, wins. It really is that simple.

Not sure if I'll ever own one, but I do like the P30.

Last edited by sweeper22; 02-13-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
That's pretty much your answer. They're both good guns, albeit a little stressful on some wallets.

I've shot both and own neither. My preference in a similar gun is the XDm. But the P30 would be an excellent alternative for me (I have medium sized hands, prefer a slimmer frame when all else is equal) and I like just about everything about the gun apart from the price and expensive mags. I'd also add that the M&P and FNP/FNX lines of guns would be excellent options...again, for me. Everything about these guns are excellent for my tastes and fit in a high-cap service type pistol.

The USP can feel oversized and blocky for a lot of shooters, but comfy if you require a larger grip. Getting each in hand should really answer your question in mere seconds. Whichever feels more natural, wins. It really is that simple.

Not sure if I'll ever own one, but I do like the P30.
+1 except on the XDm I have two the XD 9 with the extended mag, and a XDm 40. They are nice BUG's but I am not too fond of their Glock style trigger. The HK on the other hand SA DA with it's two stage trigger is one of the safest guns available to carry with one in the pipe and the hammer down.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I just bought the p30.. Love the way the gun feels... You should really go to your local gun shop and hold both...

Good luck

Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have the P30. The double action out of the box is flat out horrible. I read up on it and some owners say it smooths out considerable the more you shoot it. That's really the only negative thing to say about it, other than that, very nice handgun.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Agreed. I am not really fond of the da action either (only has about 100rds through it) but the sa action is awesome.. Hoping it breaks in.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #8

as you practice you will get use to the DA SA quickly, in one of my routines I slide / roll my thumb over the hammer on draw so it is SA ready for a long (100 yard) shot.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #9
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I own both---USPf 9mm and P30S 9mm (both DA/SA)---both are great pistols---the P30 just feels better and is totally ambi---you can't go wrong!

Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I haven't handled a P30 yet but my USPf is amazing. I don't know if I could switch.