Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > My EDC.....My P30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 12:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default My EDC.....My P30

I own a Glock 17 and a Glock 19 both Gen. 4's and "tricked" to the max. They shoot great and I wouldn't hesitate to call on either if I needed to.

But, that being said, my EDC is my P30 V2 with the LEM trigger and the only add-on has been 3-dot night sights which I have installed on almost all my handguns. There's just a little better "feel" in my hands and front-to-back sideways and 9 ways to Sunday the HK is a far superior built weapon!! I'm not downing Glocks, Sigs (which I also own) or any other manufacturer since there are many fine and trustworthy sidearms out there. I'm only sharing with everyone what my choice for EDC is! Not everyone will feel the same and I don't expect them too!

pic-1r.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2014, 12:58 AM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

P30 is the only H&K I have ever liked,it just feels... Right,but every USP just screams to me "this is not the gun for you"

Nice EDC, my two are a Sig p938 and a M&P9c. I shoot USPSA with a p226 in SAO as well,I guess I'm a sig guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #3

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts

I have the P30L.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Good looking pistol.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Cool. Glad you enjoy it.

I've never held one. Seems like a large pistol. Is it difficult for you to conceal?

Always have clean socks.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #6

Liked 110 Times on 82 Posts

Default My EDC.....My P30

No one can argue that the p30 is a great weapon, but superior is always going to be an subjective argument. Besides the very pleasing aesthetics of the pistol, the grip is where this pistol shines. Many say the most comfortable grip in the handgun world is the p30 and I agree. With the replaceable backstraps and side panels this gun is innovative with that extra custom option. I just wonder why hk stopped with just the side panels and backstraps and just didn't add replaceable frontstraps as well for a full 360 degree customizable grip. Those features with hk's proven performance and reliability make the p30 one of the best pistols made IMHO. Honestly my hk collection would be a lot larger if the price of these pistol were a little better competitively priced in the poly gun market. Poly frames are suppose to cut down on machining time and cost, but hk doesn't think so. I think that's almost the only complaint I hear regularly about hk, the cost

Never enough guns or ammo

Last edited by jjones45; 04-18-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
No one can argue that the p30 is a great weapon, but superior is always going to be an subjective argument. Besides the very pleasing aesthetics of the pistol, the grip is where this pistol shines. Many say the most comfortable grip in the handgun world is the p30 and I agree. With the replaceable backstraps and side panels this gun is innovative with that extra custom option. I just wonder why hk stopped with just the side panels and backstraps and just didn't add replaceable frontstraps as well for a full 360 degree customizable grip. Those features with hk's proven performance and reliability make the p30 one of the best pistols made IMHO. Honestly my hk collection would be a lot larger if the price of these pistol were a little better competitively priced in the poly gun market. Poly frames are suppose to cut down on machining time and cost, but hk doesn't think so. I think that's almost the only complaint I hear regularly about hk, the cost

Never enough guns or ammo
I believe I did state in my post that not everyone would feel the same way I do about my P30 being a "superior" weapon. I actually own two P30's and have been shooting pistols for over forty years. IMHO the HK's are still a superior weapon to the Glocks but only in how they feel and how well they're made & perform right out of the box. I've been doing work on my own handguns for over three decades and I have not seen better quality than HK in a factory pistol (I've seen equal but not better). HK was the first to introduce polymer framed pistols over four decades ago and they've been followed by many since. For me to get either of my Glocks to shoot even close to my HK I spent another $400 to $500 after unboxing them. Both shoot great just not quite as accurately as my P30's. However, for self-defense \ combat situations I would not hesitate to call on my Glocks or my HK's. The bottom line for me just boils down to the little bit of a better feel and slight performance edge my P30's offer and nothing more. In fact, I have shot many Sigs over the years that shot well and were darned high quality so I can see why there are a lot of Sig guys & gals around. In fact, I just tried the new Springfield XDS 9mm with extended mags and I was impressed. The flush mags did not work for me but the extensions made the grade.

Safe & Fun Shootin' Everybody !! Oh, here's my other P30 (V3S) 9mm
pic-1r.jpg  

Last edited by NDMarksman; 05-11-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #8
jyo

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a 9mm P30S---would not hesitate to carry it, but really like my P2000 9mm for carry---just a tad smaller...

Old 05-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #9

I hear ya. That's one of the nice things about having choices. P2000's are really nice.