How close is HK to Bankruptcy. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > How close is HK to Bankruptcy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
Unfortunately, no matter what your opinion is of HK, it doesn't change the fact that they are having cashflow problems.

At this point it would behoove H&K to figure out a new strategy.
It would be nice if their new strategy was to start designing here in the US so they would own the designs instead of the German Government. That would cut out the import issues as well. I doubt that will happen though. I really hope they survive.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2156 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
It would be nice if their new strategy was to start designing here in the US so they would own the designs instead of the German Government. That would cut out the import issues as well. I doubt that will happen though. I really hope they survive.
We have knock off guns that are almost identical to the guns they clone. Almost every gun that is wildly popular has a knock off version. Some guns don't have to be that popular to be cloned they are just easy to manufacture. I don't see what is preventing HK usa from knocking off their own guns.

I am sure there are things HK wants to improve about all their guns. Nothing is perfect. HK USA could design guns with the improvements, submit them to the US patent office. Then they have US patents not controlled by the German government.

To compete in a global market HK has to find a way around all the export restrictions imposed by the german government or they need to get enough business in Germany that there is no need to export anything.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

We have knock off guns that are almost identical to the guns they clone. Almost every gun that is wildly popular has a knock off version. Some guns don't have to be that popular to be cloned they are just easy to manufacture. I don't see what is preventing HK usa from knocking off their own guns.

I am sure there are things HK wants to improve about all their guns. Nothing is perfect. HK USA could design guns with the improvements, submit them to the US patent office. Then they have US patents not controlled by the German government.

To compete in a global market HK has to find a way around all the export restrictions imposed by the german government or they need to get enough business in Germany that there is no need to export anything.
Very good points.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 783 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 49

USA built civilian legal mp 7 is a good way to save them I bet a lot of people would snatch those up

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
USA built civilian legal mp 7 is a good way to save them I bet a lot of people would snatch those up
That would take a tremendous effort from ammo manufacturers. That 4.6x30 is really expensive and scarce. IIRC the only people who make it is HK. Maybe if they made it in .357SIG and 9mm.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 783 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
That would take a tremendous effort from ammo manufacturers. That 4.6x30 is really expensive and scarce. IIRC the only people who make it is HK. Maybe if they made it in .357SIG and 9mm.
ahh but if the kept the round proprietary for a year or so they would make some money then let other ammo companies make it later. I think the caliber is a big part of the wanting that particular weapon. Although a 357 sig mp7 would be pretty cool

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #47

Location: Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I've been thinking of,picking up a tactical .45acp and the HK45T, FNX45Tr save a few hundred and get a Glock 21sf. HK company troubles has me concerned a little about getting parts down the road.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #48

Liked 788 Times on 616 Posts

colt is still in hartford folks.......

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

MOshooter Likes This