How close is HK to Bankruptcy. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > How close is HK to Bankruptcy.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
Unfortunately, no matter what your opinion is of HK, it doesn't change the fact that they are having cashflow problems.

At this point it would behoove H&K to figure out a new strategy.
It would be nice if their new strategy was to start designing here in the US so they would own the designs instead of the German Government. That would cut out the import issues as well. I doubt that will happen though. I really hope they survive.
__________________
1911love is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,454
Liked 2156 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 802

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
It would be nice if their new strategy was to start designing here in the US so they would own the designs instead of the German Government. That would cut out the import issues as well. I doubt that will happen though. I really hope they survive.
We have knock off guns that are almost identical to the guns they clone. Almost every gun that is wildly popular has a knock off version. Some guns don't have to be that popular to be cloned they are just easy to manufacture. I don't see what is preventing HK usa from knocking off their own guns.

I am sure there are things HK wants to improve about all their guns. Nothing is perfect. HK USA could design guns with the improvements, submit them to the US patent office. Then they have US patents not controlled by the German government.

To compete in a global market HK has to find a way around all the export restrictions imposed by the german government or they need to get enough business in Germany that there is no need to export anything.
__________________

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

We have knock off guns that are almost identical to the guns they clone. Almost every gun that is wildly popular has a knock off version. Some guns don't have to be that popular to be cloned they are just easy to manufacture. I don't see what is preventing HK usa from knocking off their own guns.

I am sure there are things HK wants to improve about all their guns. Nothing is perfect. HK USA could design guns with the improvements, submit them to the US patent office. Then they have US patents not controlled by the German government.

To compete in a global market HK has to find a way around all the export restrictions imposed by the german government or they need to get enough business in Germany that there is no need to export anything.
Very good points.
__________________
1911love is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northeast San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,681
Liked 783 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

USA built civilian legal mp 7 is a good way to save them I bet a lot of people would snatch those up

__________________

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

seancslaughter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
USA built civilian legal mp 7 is a good way to save them I bet a lot of people would snatch those up
That would take a tremendous effort from ammo manufacturers. That 4.6x30 is really expensive and scarce. IIRC the only people who make it is HK. Maybe if they made it in .357SIG and 9mm.
__________________
1911love is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northeast San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,681
Liked 783 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
That would take a tremendous effort from ammo manufacturers. That 4.6x30 is really expensive and scarce. IIRC the only people who make it is HK. Maybe if they made it in .357SIG and 9mm.
ahh but if the kept the round proprietary for a year or so they would make some money then let other ammo companies make it later. I think the caliber is a big part of the wanting that particular weapon. Although a 357 sig mp7 would be pretty cool
__________________

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

seancslaughter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mdrums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
Posts: 119
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

I've been thinking of,picking up a tactical .45acp and the HK45T, FNX45Tr save a few hundred and get a Glock 21sf. HK company troubles has me concerned a little about getting parts down the road.

__________________
Mdrums is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bobski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Va., Ct. & Mo.
Posts: 3,664
Liked 788 Times on 616 Posts

Default

colt is still in hartford folks.......

__________________

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

bobski is offline  
MOshooter Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Detroit - Filed the largest municipal bankruptcy case in U.S. history Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 36 07-28-2013 05:30 AM
Bankruptcy in Calif. cities widowmaker Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 24 07-13-2012 01:11 AM
"Octomom" Files For Bankruptcy Vikingdad Politics, Religion and Controversy 30 05-04-2012 05:46 AM
How Close? USEBOTHHANDS General Handgun Discussion 20 02-14-2011 11:54 PM
GM bankruptcy plan eyes quick sale to government! Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 05-20-2009 04:02 PM