How close is HK to Bankruptcy. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > How close is HK to Bankruptcy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My HK p2000 went through some serious abuse and never malfunctioned. Yes they are pricey but great weapons. If you can't afford one don't buy it lol

Old 10-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1276 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

My big problem with HK is the price. They may be a cut above other handguns in quality, but if my less expensive gun serves my needs well, I doubt if I'll ever buy an HK.
Just like a motor vehicle, if my Chevvy pickup runs well, pulls the load I need to pull, and is dependable, and meets my needs, even with 155,000 miles on it, I probably won't be buying a more expensive truck even if it is better.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #33

Liked 71 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
My big problem with HK is the price. They may be a cut above other handguns in quality, but if my less expensive gun serves my needs well, I doubt if I'll ever buy an HK.
Just like a motor vehicle, if my Chevvy pickup runs well, pulls the load I need to pull, and is dependable, and meets my needs, even with 155,000 miles on it, I probably won't be buying a more expensive truck even if it is better.
Do you do home handyman projects at all? If so, do you use the cheapest Chinese tools? Or do you use the "brand" names? Do you use Vaseline to lube your guns, or do you use a "brand name"? Do you shop your electricity provider , cause yes you can. What brand oil and filter do you use on that old truck. Probably something just as good out there cheaper.

You get my point (or you don't). Yes, your Chevy is fine. Yes, whatever handgun you're using is probably as fine as your Chevy. But a gun is what you depend your life on, and the HK is worth every penny. Trust me. The HK is not only one of the best quality handguns in the world, they're also one of most accurate out of the box handguns ever.

Mossberg 590A1
Centurian C39 AK pistol
Sig 226
SA xdm 45 compact
H&K USP .40
Sig 938 Extreme
SA 1911 SS Loaded Model
Sig 716 Patrol .308
Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .44 mag, 2.5" snubby
H&K VP9

Old 10-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1276 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP03 View Post
Do you do home handyman projects at all? If so, do you use the cheapest Chinese tools? Or do you use the "brand" names? Do you use Vaseline to lube your guns, or do you use a "brand name"? Do you shop your electricity provider , cause yes you can. What brand oil and filter do you use on that old truck. Probably something just as good out there cheaper.

You get my point (or you don't). Yes, your Chevy is fine. Yes, whatever handgun you're using is probably as fine as your Chevy. But a gun is what you depend your life on, and the HK is worth every penny. Trust me. The HK is not only one of the best quality handguns in the world, they're also one of most accurate out of the box handguns ever.
I use the cheapest Chinese tools, cheap oil, but lube my guns with "Break Free".
My Stoeger 8040 "Cougar" cost $425. I've had it since 2009, shot lotsa rounds thru it. Accurate as I am, never a failure to feed, never a failure to extract, never a failure to eject, never a failure to fire. So I'm OK with it.
Same with my other Taurus, Ruger, S&W, Charter, Dan Wesson, etc guns. Not trying to get into a name-calling, insulting, s**t-slinging argument, just making a point according to my POV.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 10-10-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #35

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Talk to us when you've owned one, no disrespect. They are serious working weapons, shoot one and you'll see.
I've shot several. What the civilian market gets is noting like what they sell to the military. Being our military seems justifies to spend hundreds on as single toilet seat I wont use their comparative shopping tech to choose a firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
My HK has saved my life. Took down a charging boar with two fast taps to the head for one. The other times I will not talk about. The USP is used by militaries, police and special units in both the US and around the world. A gun owner calling a HK a crap gun is like a Toyota owner callling a Lambo a crap car. Whatever dude.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/german-stamped-hk-usp-40-a-92349/

I've seen nothing to make me want to spend more to get the same results. The first time in my life I had to use a handgun to protect my life it was a Charter Arms. So should I be willing to pay more for a Charter due to this fact?
Cops use a lot of Glocks too but that does nothing to make me want one nor do I see that as justification to believe they are better simply because they use them.
What the military gets is nothing like a HK I can purchase at a shop. The military models just might be a lambo. But the ones I can get is more like a Toyota Camery, pretty Common.

I've not had to kill a boar to save my life. I have dropped one with a 44 mag revolver though. Your logic is telling me then that's what I should get behind to carry.

My previous post was an opinion. I feel that opinion is grounded in the fact that I can get the same results and not spend the HK price. A Nighhawk costs much more than the few less expensive 1911's I carry now. But that alone does not allow me to justify that cost.

It just seems to me that HK prices the way they do and offers the models they do to civilians because they really don't care if civilians buy them or not. Being that the case I choose to not. I wont say they are bad guns. But I can spend less and have the reliability and accuracy for less that HK can provide me.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #36

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Whoa man ease up on the coffee..Your fanboy is showing.
You can not tell me that HK has much interest in the civilian market and that they are so much better than anything else to justify the price point. Look man, love them all you want but your opinion does not make them best thing ever no matter how much you flame me.

I'm not asking for HK to pass new U.S. laws. I'm just saying there are plenty of gun makers that will make models of guns that the military uses in a civilian configuration. It is apparent that HK does not feel they need to (so much) and they focus on the military contracts.

A lot of people carry a Highpoint. It does not make me want one. And I don't care what you guys do over there. I still have an opinion on the matter and all the BS flaming you seem to want to spit at me doesn't change it. I'm sorry I don't fall into the German stuff is the bestest and I should pay more to get the same or less. You can and that's fine and I'd not flame you for it. I personally see more from a Sig Sauer if I'm going that rout. Simply due to availability and my experience with them. I've shot several products from HK and not seen anything that makes them the good choice for me. I think they are overpriced. I'm not alone in that opinion. I don't see much interest in making a decent civilian market for their products, I'm not alone in that opinion. I guess I should change that just for you though.

Now go and find more crap on YouTube to make yourself feel good and flame on cat daddy. Funny thing is I usually agree with your posts but when I have not I didn't call you names or flame you. Thanks for returning that.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #37

Liked 2208 Times on 1517 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Talk to us when you've owned one, no disrespect. They are serious working weapons, shoot one and you'll see.
There are lots of serious working weapons on the market. HK is a lot like Purdey they deliver a high quality product at a prohibitive price. People buy them and they are happy with them. If that is what you want by all means you should get an HK. But owning an HK or a Purdey for that matter is not a reason to look down on other high quality products. At the end of the day they all do the same thing, no matter if you have a ruger, S&W or a HK.

Last edited by John_Deer; 10-10-2013 at 11:21 PM.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 10-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #38

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I found the article talking about how HK doesn't hate us.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/09/02/hk-hate-you-import-export-laws-vs-people/

Old 10-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #39

Liked 71 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I use the cheapest Chinese tools, cheap oil, but lube my guns with "Break Free".
My Stoeger 8040 "Cougar" cost $425. I've had it since 2009, shot lotsa rounds thru it. Accurate as I am, never a failure to feed, never a failure to extract, never a failure to eject, never a failure to fire. So I'm OK with it.
Same with my other Taurus, Ruger, S&W, Charter, Dan Wesson, etc guns. Not trying to get into a name-calling, insulting, s**t-slinging argument, just making a point according to my POV.

Yea, not looking to pick a fight either. I'm just amazed by some posters on here that have opinions on guns they've never touched.....

What I like about the HK specifically, other than it's excellent build quality and incredible accuracy, is it's ambidextrous safety/decock lever that are not found on a lot of other quality guns. IMO, this is one of the best applications in the entire gun world. But I know, it all come down to personal opinion, and that's ok.

I have owned and sold Glock pistols. I don't like them. Many will disagree, but that doesn't change my opinion. I don't shoot them as well, I don't like the grip angle. I would take any SA, Sig, or HK for any situation I can think of. And least importantly, I don't think they are very good looking guns. So I buy a different brand. That's not saying the Glock isn't a fine firearm, it just isn't for me.

Mossberg 590A1
Centurian C39 AK pistol
Sig 226
SA xdm 45 compact
H&K USP .40
Sig 938 Extreme
SA 1911 SS Loaded Model
Sig 716 Patrol .308
Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .44 mag, 2.5" snubby
H&K VP9

Old 10-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #40

Liked 520 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Unfortunately, no matter what your opinion is of HK, it doesn't change the fact that they are having cashflow problems.

At this point it would behoove H&K to figure out a new strategy.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain