Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > How close is HK to Bankruptcy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertFox
Ah yes, The M27 (?) IAR. Its certainly appears reliable and it looks like a quality product, but I'm not to keen on Mag-fed support weapons. I guess they were going for a RPK/L86 (?) style of firearm.
Agreed. I don't like the mag Fed either. The SAW killed the mag Feds for me. Worked great with linked ball but with the stanag mags forget it.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #22

Liked 351 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Nothing will happen to HK!

They are a bit under pressure, due to some negative press released and pushed mainly by gungrabbers.
They just had a big deal getting the HK P30 to the german Police as standard duty sidearm and still supply the german Bundeswehr with several different firearms like the G36, HK 516 and so forth.
They just got a deal to supply a new precision rifle to the Bundeswehr aswell.
Unfortunately, wishful thinking does not make it so. I'm sure the German contract brings in some money, but how much compared to their costs?

I think HK is starting to feel the pain of ignoring the civilian market.

I also am starting to think HK's reputation is based more on marketing than it is on results. Most of what I hear about HK is just that. Hearsay. I know very few owners. Not civilians, not LEO's, not military.

Looking at an informal poll I am running here about gun manufacturers that people actually purchased semi-auto handguns from (thus eliminating markets HK does not compete in, like Revolvers) only 8 out of 67 respondents indicated that had ever owned an HK handgun. That's just under 12% on a forum dedicated to firearms. More telling, there are actually 275 votes spread out between those 67 owners, meaning when people are choosing to buy a handgun they choose HK less than 3% of the time.

Here is the poll -
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/what-brand-semi-auto-pistols-you-actually-have-owned-95187/

You can argue "Well HK makes a superior product, which is why it is so expensive!" Except the SIG 2022 gets great reviews and costs less than a Glock. Frankly, HK's are twice as much but I somehow doubt they are twice as good.

Maybe they need to rethink their business model and pricing structure.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #23

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post

Unfortunately, wishful thinking does not make it so. I'm sure the German contract brings in some money, but how much compared to their costs?

I think HK is starting to feel the pain of ignoring the civilian market.

I also am starting to think HK's reputation is based more on marketing than it is on results. Most of what I hear about HK is just that. Hearsay. I know very few owners. Not civilians, not LEO's, not military.

Looking at an informal poll I am running here about gun manufacturers that people actually purchased semi-auto handguns from (thus eliminating markets HK does not compete in, like Revolvers) only 8 out of 67 respondents indicated that had ever owned an HK handgun. That's just under 12% on a forum dedicated to firearms. More telling, there are actually 275 votes spread out between those 67 owners, meaning when people are choosing to buy a handgun they choose HK less than 3% of the time.

Here is the poll -
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/what-brand-semi-auto-pistols-you-actually-have-owned-95187/

You can argue "Well HK makes a superior product, which is why it is so expensive!" Except the SIG 2022 gets great reviews and costs less than a Glock. Frankly, HK's are twice as much but I somehow doubt they are twice as good.

Maybe they need to rethink their business model and pricing structure.
I have personally owned 10+ handguns in my life S&W, Ruger, FN, Glock, Sig Sauer, Taurus, Keltec, HK, Springfield, all of which have quality firearm's.

But the only company I bought from more then once was HK I owned 4 of them and only sold my USP45 for lack of funds for a new gun I wanted at the time but I still have a USP40, HK45, P30, they are the most accurate pistols I've ever shot, they fit me extremely well and are made extremely well.

high price tag yes I agree with that, although I never paid more then 900 for any of my HK's USP40-$800 USP45-$825 HK45-$899 P30-$900 I did shop around to get them at good prices

but the quality has never been anything but amazing in my experience and very well worth what I paid for them very durable and reliable in any conditions I personally put my USP45 Thru hell to check the reliability of it and it ran flawlessly with around 3000 rounds thru it without cleaning it just running a brush down the barrel every 500 rounds or so.

Work Hard Play Hard

Last edited by BigBizz87; 09-07-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #24

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

I have owned multiple handguns as well and have ended up trading / selling most of em but there's one that I just can't get rid of,, my USP.40.
Hands down the best pistol I have owned.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 837 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 338

For me, HK's claim to fame was the roller locker.

The HK P9S was the most accurate out-of-the-box production pistol I've ever shot. I've shot 1911's that were more accurate, but the light weight, ergonomic shape, and lack of recoil of the P9S made it a pleasure to shoot.

I've owned a HK USP and HK-91, but I don't think I'd take a 416 or 417 over a Colt 6720 or FN SCAR-17S. I'm sure the 416 and 417 are fine rifles, but they're just too muzzle heavy for what they actually do.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

HK supplied the US Border Patrol. Carried the P2000. A fine weapon that took tons of abuse. Problem was I wanted one but just to damn expensive compared to the glock.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Un global arms treaty will do most in

Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #28

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I read an article that the German Government owns ALL weapons designs. Apparently HK used to market heavily in this country until all the import crap of the 80's. The article said HK wants to sell way more to civilians, but the US and German governments are ham stringing them.

Personally I think HKs are worth every penny. My USP .45 shoots like a dream.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #29

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Never owned a HK, never wanted to. I think there are plenty of non military folk just like me that want nothing to do with the overpriced nutted crap they sell in the civ market and it has looked for a while the military market has not been all that kind to them.

Of course I could be full of crap..And they are doing well right...?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #30

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Never owned a HK, never wanted to. I think there are plenty of non military folk just like me that want nothing to do with the overpriced nutted crap they sell in the civ market and it has looked for a while the military market has not been all that kind to them.

Of course I could be full of crap..And they are doing well right...?
Talk to us when you've owned one, no disrespect. They are serious working weapons, shoot one and you'll see.