Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum > How close is HK to Bankruptcy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2684 Times on 1340 Posts
Likes Given: 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
I read the article and this was posted at the bottom.

This situation is unlikely to have any effect on H&K-USA.
You wouldn't be interested in this bridge I need to unload cheap...
Actually, if the restructuring works and they can get a decent cash flow going, that statement may be somewhat accurate. If the parent crashes, you can bet that H&K-USA will be "effected."
If we're lucky, maybe CZ will buy up the remains if they do finally crash & burn. H&K will finally lose that "you suck & we hate you" attitude toward civilians.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
FullautoUSA Likes This 
Old 07-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Guns.com said they were in hole just the other day but they are going to get a german military contract worth a butt load. so im not sure...

Old 07-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3859 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Ok, this is the rumor over here. HK has huge military contracts to help get out of the red. Blaser is going to buy the civilian portion of the company. Blaser already did this with Sig Sauer and Mauser.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Ok, this is the rumor over here. HK has huge military contracts to help get out of the red. Blaser is going to buy the civilian portion of the company. Blaser already did this with Sig Sauer and Mauser.
What will this do to the Quality of the Pistols being made in Germany? If anything .....

Old 07-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3859 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Blaser is a very high quality gun manufacturer. Blaser rifles can go for thousands of euros. They make wood stocks that go for 100,000 or more. My friend as a Blaser rifle/shotgun that is a dream to shoot. He went to the factory and the wood stock display was worth 25 million dollars. They use exotic and ancient wood. A barrel can run for 1300 and more euros. I held one in my hand and the craftsmanship is amazing. Sig Sauer has not dropped in quality either. I would not trade my P226 for anything. HK civilian side will be just fine or better under Blaser. No worries. This is what my LGS offers from Blaser. http://www.frankonia.de/search.html?query=blaser&sqi=box

Old 07-31-2013, 05:20 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

http:// http://gunssavelives.net/blog/heckler-and-koch-160-million-in-debt-banking-on-new-machine-gun-contract-for-future/

Old 08-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #17

Liked 468 Times on 249 Posts
Likes Given: 102

Not good. Every major contract HK has banked on lately seems to come in as less than they needed. Anyone remember the new IAR for the USMC? Still not entirely unconvinced that whole project wasn't just someone in the DoD throwing HK a bone. Too bad I no longer know any active duty Marines, I'd love to hear what they think of their new "support weapon".

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

My Firearm Reviews -
Beretta U22 Neos
Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .45 ACP

Old 08-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava

Not good. Every major contract HK has banked on lately seems to come in as less than they needed. Anyone remember the new IAR for the USMC? Still not entirely unconvinced that whole project wasn't just someone in the DoD throwing HK a bone. Too bad I no longer know any active duty Marines, I'd love to hear what they think of their new "support weapon".
It may have been someone throwing them a bone but I guarantee that rifle is sweet. Their Hk 416 is bad@$$ and the Marine version is just that. An upgraded model of the 416. Its piston driven which seems to be more reliable in the $h!t, yet still very accurate which tends to be an unusual combination for piston driven AR's. HK may be overpriced, and love to cuddle the libs but ill give credit where its due and say they know how to make a firearm that's for sure.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #19

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Ah yes, The M27 (?) IAR. Its certainly appears reliable and it looks like a quality product, but I'm not to keen on Mag-fed support weapons. I guess they were going for a RPK/L86 (?) style of firearm.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nothing will happen to HK!

They are a bit under pressure, due to some negative press released and pushed mainly by gungrabbers.
They just had a big deal getting the HK P30 to the german Police as standard duty sidearm and still supply the german Bundeswehr with several different firearms like the G36, HK 516 and so forth.
They just got a deal to supply a new precision rifle to the Bundeswehr aswell.