HK45 vs. FNX45 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum >

HK45 vs. FNX45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I shoot at an indoor range here in Richmond that has about 200 weapons to choose from to rent for an hour. I had this same question last month, HK vs FNX. I rented the FNX Tactical 45 and then the HK MK23. FN had less recoil but not by much. The FN recoiled up and to the left and was harder to reaquire my target than the HK, which had a more predictable recoil. Could have been me, but that's never happened before. Accuracy went to the HK hands down. I think the recoil was freeking me out, but the HK was more accurate even when I slowed way down. For a clean sweep, the HK felt more comfortable too. Although I did prefer the way the FN looked over the MK23. I was disappointed because I really wanted an FNX 45 Tactical. I'll probably end up getting the HK USP 45 just because of the price. I rented that one at the end and was blown away at how similar the MK and the USP were. The USP costs several hundred less than the MK.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #22

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 106

My USP .45 with the silencer attached, benched, @ 110 yards, I was giving my youngest son fits as I was shooting up his targets, small soft ball sized water balloons as he was trying to sight in his VTR in .308

Old 11-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6825 Times on 3628 Posts
Likes Given: 513

i bought a hk mk23 back in the early 90's and its one of the handguns i truly regret selling. ive rented the fn 45 and wasnt terribly impressed especially since the one i rented had issues feeding hp ammo but ran fmj just fine.

im a fan of 45's whether its in a rifle or pistol from the 45acp to the 458LOTT and one of the hidden gems is the cz97bd. i had one then made the mistake of letting my dad shoot it now i dont have one

the cz97bd makes the hk mk23 look like your trying to group with buckshot when it comes to accuracy. recoil is almost completely absent. like the hk its a big heavy gun. my opinion, out of all the bigger than full size 45's out there the cz97bd is the best of them all.

there is also a cz97b... stay away from that gun like the plague it only feeds fmj without sending all the mags off to cz for modification. i really dont know why they dont fix that issue but they dont. the cz97b and cz97bd are almost the same but they are very subtly different
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 11-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #24

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I've had two HK's. Was really excited about the P30, that excitement disappeared pretty quick when the double action trigger pull give me arthritis. I'd go with the FNX45, cost less, just as reliable and, not that this is the dividing factor, looks better.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6825 Times on 3628 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Picked up a fnx45 tactical. The fnx fixed the hollow point issues the fnp i tried had. Just wanted to update my opinion on this one
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 04-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I have an fnp 45 and really like it. I am a former HK owner and loved my hk but had to sell it to pay some bills. When I wanted to replace the hk I couldn't afford the difference in price so I went with the fnp. My fn has been terrific. I like you got a sr45. I have an sr45 and like it. If the sr45c comes out I will get that as well...