HK45 police trade in - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Heckler & Koch Forum >

HK45 police trade in

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 342 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30USMC View Post
I frequent the range very often, and try to get my coworkers to come with me, I have only a handful that come with me regularly
What size tgt are you using ? I'd like to try it. My club's indoor range 25ys and in. I normally shoot @50' and @ 25' - with rapid fire at combat distances.

When feeling creative, I try to simulate IDPA setups. Problem: My club has rules against firing n maneuver training w loaded weapons. Insurance issues - no drawing either. (Guess they are afraid someone is going to Glock themselves)

Old 12-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #12

Liked 51 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post

What size tgt are you using ? I'd like to try it. My club's indoor range 25ys and in. I normally shoot @50' and @ 25' - with rapid fire at combat distances.

When feeling creative, I try to simulate IDPA setups. Problem: My club has rules against firing n maneuver training w loaded weapons. Insurance issues - no drawing either. (Guess they are afraid someone is going to Glock themselves)
If your asking about Bullseye, it's a NRA B-8 "Official 25-Yard Timed and Rapid Fire Pistol Target".

In competition, "Timed Fire" would consist of 2 - 5 shot strings, 20 seconds for each string.
"Rapid Fire" is also 2 - 5 shot strings but only 10 seconds each. So once the target turns, you have 10 seconds to fire 5 shots before it turns away.)

There's also a "Slow Fire" round but that uses a smaller target. So a Relay would consist of one round each of Slow, Timed, and Rapid Fire. 30 shots for a possible 300 points. A "900" Match would be 3 Relays with 90 shots total. This is indoor anyway. In the summer they shoot outside, then the Slow Fire round is at 50 yards.

Also, Bullseye must be shot One Handed. Most shooters keep the other hand in their pocket.

Last edited by Budasac; 12-04-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I didn't know they still fired at 50 yds. I thought they were moviing to more "realistic distances."

Got lucky - a buddy got married and his wife made him liquidate most of his gun selection. I got his SW 60 and he qualified every year w it & his service 686 back in the day. Don't think he could have hit reliably w a SW 60 @ 50 yds.

An old friend, said 90% of shooter couldn't hit a cigarette pack @ 25 yds. I believe he was talking about .22 pistols but I'm not certain. Why I was wondering what size tgt you were shooting at. Anyone can shank or pull a rd and you did say 20 in a row.

I was asking about your pistol club - is bullseye your standard for entry ?

Old 12-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #14

Liked 51 Times on 34 Posts

You don't have to shoot Bullseye to get into the club, you can use 2 hands to qualify, but you still need to put 20 holes in B-8 target with 20 shots. You also have to qualify by caliber. So if you qualify for the club with a .22 that's all you can shoot. (It's marked on your Club ID) Also the club is old school and set up for competition. Turning targets fixed at 25 yards and that's it. No shooting any closer.

The league I shoot in is .22 only because the neighbors complained about noise years back I was told. The club does sponsor a number of official indoor center fire matches throughout the winter though.
Most guys are shooting S&W 41, converted 1911s, Ruger MKs worked over, and few Hammerli. I'm using a Ruger 22/45 Target with a little work done to it. I still need a trigger and sear and a few more things to clean it up a bit more. I have an SR1911 for center fire but looking to pick up another 1911 in .9mm to build for competition.

I just started shooting in Aug. I wanted to join the club because it's only 15 minutes away. They encourage all new members to at least try Bullseye competition so I figured "why not". I like that it tracks my progress since all the stats are posted and someone else is scoring my targets. As long as I get a little better every week I'm happy.

Last edited by Budasac; 12-04-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I used to have an hk usp 45 ss slide that i purchased in 1997. It was a terrific gun! I sold it to pay some medical bills about 8 years ago and totally regret it.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #16

HK45C - u can drive a truck over it. It isn't finicky. Anyone can break it down and assemble it. Unlike many guns that can be damaged during poor cleaning methods this gun is tough and simple. Your price is very reasonable, but if you want one then buy it even if it costed more. Mine new was also $1100. They never really depreciate. They don't wear out. Buy it and keep it forever.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have a USP 45, HK 45 & a HK 45c. Love all three. Of course love my Kimber and Colt Commander too. ;-).

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 10-01-2014, 06:04 AM   #18
jyo

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've had the USP full-size model for many years now (and a 45C too)---you won't be sorry...

Old 10-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

One point of interest. The USP Compact has a different recoil system than the USP's patented system that went through the military trials. IAW HK stds the captive recoil system s/b changed every 5K rounds.

The HK45C is the second generation and they made some improvements. I honestly don't recall if they tinkered w captive recoil spring.

PS: $400 is a deal but I would change out springs - ounce of prevention....

I bought a CZ 50 East German Police trade in - it was factory reconditioned ie it's one hell of a pistol. Germans are meticulous when it comes to firearms or maintenance in general.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 10-01-2014 at 03:09 PM.