Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Heckler & Koch Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f176/)
-   -   Hk hunting! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f176/hk-hunting-79194/)

JCANNON 12-23-2012 02:21 AM

This may be the wrong crowd (HK section) to ask, but is the $800+ price tag worth it over something like an M&P? I'm looking into maybe getting the HK P30. I handled it in the gun shop and it was nothing short of amazing. Is the 100,000 round tests and excellent customer service/warranty genuinely true? Need some advice

jnhfrahm 12-23-2012 03:13 AM

In my opinion my glocks do the same as my h&k. I think the h&k is very nice but I can't see the $500 or so difference between them.

buckhorn_cortez 12-25-2012 04:05 PM

The grip angle and ability to tailor the grip with side panels and the back strap make the P30 worth every penny to me.

After looking at the MPs, SIGS, Glocks, and the H&K, I found the grip of the P30 was the best for me - and that's what I bought. My wife shoots an XDm and has about 5,000 rounds through it - I like the XDm as well but I find the P30 fits my hand better.

Only you can decide whether it is worth the price for your use.

Bear304inc 12-28-2012 01:13 AM

Not quite at 100,000 rounds yet, and have not needed any warranty work ( or any work for that matter ), so not sure about customer service. But I can say that my particular USP has performed flawlessly. Have had multiple kinds of pistols and though I would never DARE to say " My USP is the best handgun " I will say,, its MY best. If you can afford it,, get it.
But if times are tight and your robbing Peter to pay Paul then there are admittedly other pistols that will get the job done with money left over for ammo, ,,,lol.

Bear304inc 12-28-2012 01:16 AM

As buckhorn says XDm's are a good carry gun as well, I've shot several and liked them also....

2manyhobbies 01-04-2013 04:12 PM

Well you could look at it this way....
You can go buy a wally world 10 speed to commute to work, it is cheap, will work most of the time under regular abuse, some what reliable.
Or you can go buy a Farraii....

Bottom line is You get what you pay for, HK's are in the top of the pile when it comes to reliability, and have a look at the ND's mostly Glocks (yeah the police carry a heap of them) but safety, the ability to cycle anything you can fit in the mag, corrosion resistance is far Superior to almost everything else on the market....

I have been carrying my USP now for 10 years, no rust, cycled thousands of rounds with never an issue, been in the AZ 115 desert heat, left in the car and it exceeded 170 degrees (the gun was so hot I could not touch it) in MI sub 0 winters and it just keeps working and looking like I just bought it.

So if you are going to buy a CC gun, keep it for 6 months then trade it off, go buy a Glock or something else but if you want to buy a gun that you will keep forever and that will be so reliable that you are willing to bet your life on, them make it an HK...

Bear304inc 01-04-2013 04:29 PM

Aww, tomany you almost brought a tear to my eye,,,almost. Lmao

sdiver35 01-04-2013 05:10 PM

I gave my dad a USP9 I bought while stationed in Germany. A couple of months ago while visiting with him shooting an old pump action .22 he went and got his HK. I took a look at it and said "you need to clean this thing". He replied back with "I don't clean guns"! So it fires fine and apparently hasn't been cleaned since 1997 when I gave it to him. :)

Bear304inc 01-04-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdiver35
I gave my dad a USP9 I bought while stationed in Germany. A couple of months ago while visiting with him shooting an old pump action .22 he went and got his HK. I took a look at it and said "you need to clean this thing". He replied back with "I don't clean guns"! So it fires fine and apparently hasn't been cleaned since 1997 when I gave it to him. :)

That's one way to look at it,,
Yea hk cost more, but look at the savings,, 13 years of no cleaning products,,,, guns practically making money....lol