Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > Thank God for Youtube

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 247 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default Thank God for Youtube

Went on a gun cleaning kick and decided to give my Ruger Mark III 22/45 a good cleaning. What a pain in the butt to get back together. Took two different Youtube videos and three attempts to get it back together right.

Good thing it is a super accurate pistol or it might not be worth the frustration.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1905 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 691

That's the one thing that makes me want to avoid them. I'm glad that when I've had the opportunity to shoot them, I can hand them back to the owner and let them deal with disassembly and cleaning. Wonderful to shoot, but I don't want to own one.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I got through the first time. It will go easier the next time.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1429 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 307

I look at it this way - if I can break down my 22/45 for cleaning I can handle anything! The instructions in the Ruger manual make a lot of sense after watching YouTube

Old 03-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #5

Liked 638 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 386

I once took apart a 10-22. What a PITA! The breakdown instructions in the Ruger Manual for my 77/22 are WRONG!! Things like this are one of the reasons for my love/hate relationship with Ruger.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you sign onto the Ruger website and click the resource tab they have videos on breaking down, cleaning and reassembling many of their guns including your pistol and the 10/22.

After you watch the guy it makes it a lot easier! Once you do it a few times it gets pretty automatic, but I still go back to the video every now and then. Keep trying, both guns are worth it!

I'd rather have a gun and not need it, than need one and not have it!

vincent Likes This 
Old 03-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4463 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

the ruger mark3 isnt that hard and easier than most 22 semi auto to tear down and put together. the instruction manual has an exact step by step and the folks that have trouble with em are the ones that dont read the manual

the only part that sometimes folks have a hard time grasping is the hammer has to be in the cocked position to put the bolt in and then moved to the fired position once the bolt is in to put the mainspring housing in.

to do that you pull the trigger and tilt the gun muzzle up hammer falls to to the cocked position. slide the bolt in then pull the trigger tilt the muzzle down hammer moves tot he fired position and you can install the mainspring housing.

its really not that difficult once you understand why your doing what your doing.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #8

Liked 559 Times on 369 Posts

Ive had mine apart twice. Last time I took it all the way and took the firing pin and extractor out. It gets easier. Is there a way to take the trigger assembly out? I would like to clean it r eally well

Old 03-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Went on a gun cleaning kick and decided to give my Ruger Mark III 22/45 a good cleaning. What a pain in the butt to get back together. Took two different Youtube videos and three attempts to get it back together right.

Good thing it is a super accurate pistol or it might not be worth the frustration.
Youtube is one of the few inventions today that sponsers the better interest of the public. I've learned so much from it (dissembling, assembling, purchasing what, which, and why when it comes to matters of firearms).

Old 03-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #10

Liked 638 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 386

I am a huge Youtube fan. (Have you seen the one where the guy shoots his soft-sided pool with a 500 S&W?) But there is also total crap. (Have you seen the one where the guy just sits in his lawn chair sleeping for 5 min?)

P.S. Have you seen Tourettes Guy?