SR9 issue - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum > SR9 issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

Personally I think its about fair... 10 mags from ruger add up real real fast...

Old 06-22-2014, 12:00 AM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Drfootball, glad everything is going better with your Ruger SR9. I have a two-tone SR9c and love this thing and the wife actually enjoys shooting this one also. I was going to add about your issues before with the light strikes could be with the firing pin or gunk being down in the chamber. Way before the craze on ammo, I had purchased some spam cans of the Herters .223 and 9mm. The Herters gunked my Stag model 3 up really bad and had a case stuck in the chamber for a few days. I had to remove the upper and put solvents down the barrel and let it sit before I could tap it out, also my gas tube was clogged up like a wet pixie stick and also needed to soak to get cleaned. Then on to the 9mm in the SR9c, I really wish I had taken a picture of inside the firing pin chamber because it was just beyond unbelieveable! The gun was new and I had already did the initial takedown cleaning so I thought I was good for a while, well with this Herters stuff and about 500 rounds of that and some tulammo, I was getting all kinds of problems. So as articles have talked about the difference between brass and steel cased ammo not being that much of a factor, well the powder and primers they use in them sure as hell do!

Oh and that deal for the big and little brother SR9's, with that many mags that sure is a damn nice deal. Being here in the Peoples Republic of mASSachusetts, it is hard to find deals like that on stuff. I hope you and your wife enjoy plenty of more years shooting your SR9, I know I sure plan too!

Charles.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:46 AM   #43

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

the only time I have ever had failure to feed was when I neglected to clean my practice magazines. they got pretty gunky. as far as failure to fire, never an issue. I pulled the mag disconnect out when I bought it, clean and dry on the striker and in the striker channel and last but not least installed an extra power striker spring from Galloway Precision. mine runs good.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:41 AM   #44
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3163 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default And the SR9 Continues to be the best "NEW" Gun I have ever Bought!!

So we continue the Story. I'm Glad I didn't do the Deal for the 2 Ruger's and the S&WM-60 of a few months ago. With the backlog of already Built guns sitting in factories all over, Including Ruger, Prices are dropping, and fast!! in April of 2012, I Pd. $499 for the SR9, $399 for the LC9, and $439 for the SR9c, which I sold to a friend a few weeks later. Now, New SR9's are going for Under $400, 9c's from about $350, and I have seen the Orig. LC9 for as low as $319

My Good friend bought his First handgun, and his First 2 Rugers(an SR9 for him and an LC380 for his wife). He paid Under $700 for Both Guns!!
I recently got 2 More SR mags(17's) and added the Finger Ext. to all 8 Mags now, like I did with 5 of my LC9 7Rd. Mags.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...