SR9 issue - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger Handgun Forum >

SR9 issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #31
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default SR9 issue

Jon: after another take down and Cleaning and re-lube, took out the SR9 Saturday along with some others, plus My Friend brought his SR40C along,..and we shot and shot and shot! I put about 65 Rounds through the SR with no Issues! We were also shooting the RIA 5" tactical 1911-9MM, the LC9, The BHP, the Judge(6.5" stainless 3") and the 22's....a Good 3+ hr Day out!

Edit: Ammo was PMC-Fiocchi, and Some Black Hills(about 30 Rds.)...
Also did some sight adjusting on My Friends' SR40C(now he wants a Ruger Gun Tool Too!!) .....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 04-14-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #32

Don't know if mods want to close this or not. But she's been fine the last 2+ months!! So much so that the wife wants one!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #33

Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts

Glad to hear that football! Loving my SR9 and I reccomend them frequently so I was sad to hear of your issues with yours!!!

Old 05-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #34

Thx Werm. I do love mine and I wasn't going to give up on it. It and the LC9 are the first two DAO guns I have ever owned, everything else is SA, 1911's-3 Colts and one A.O., plus a BHP, and two old smith 9's or DA/SA- 3-92 patterns,..so it took some getting used to a DAO trigger, I know the last time someone tried to get me to open my door at the front of the house, the SR's racking of the slide was loud enough to be heard on the other side of the door....

Old 05-14-2014, 02:33 AM   #35

Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts

And if the racking of the slide isn't adequate... I like answering the door with mine gangster style in my waistband... sure makes the Jehovah's witnesses think twice about a return trip!

Old 05-14-2014, 02:42 AM   #36

She is running fine now. I would strip it down completely more often, but I don't have a parts cleaner yet. Once I got the "Gunk" off the Trigger group it's been good, so much it fact that more of my older guns are "safe Queens and safe Princesses." I'm kicking myself that I ditched the 9c early on. I may buy one with a mix of both size Mags. The wife gets " Concerned" when I carry more then one, but I'd run the 9C in a shoulder rig except in the Warmest weather, and the LC in a Hip/Kidney rig,...

Old 05-18-2014, 06:28 AM   #37

And the Story continues.....: Today I went to the Mailbox and I saw the Second key for the box for larger packages was in my box. Bent down and opened the other door and a large wide semi-flat cardboard package was there. With the extra Mags I ordered came a Boydt Ruger logoed magazine pouch carrier. I did not order, so I looked on the invoice and it said" Free Gift" because I had ordered two magazine orders close together,..so they were packed with the bag...I guess they saw my request for interview time..

ChrisWar Likes This 
Old 06-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #38

Someone local to me is Selling both an SR9 and a 9C with Stainless slides. He wants $1000 but he will take offers. What's fair in all your opinions? He's got two cases , 2 loaders, a blade tech rig for the 9C, and 7-17 rd mags useable in both guns, plus 3-10's for the 9C...

If I do this deal the SR 9 is for my wife since I already have a blued one...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 06-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #39

Liked 61 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Seems a bit on the high side to me. What kind of shape are they in? If your really interested, I'd offer 750 and see what he says.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #40

I saw it in a local paper with paid classified ads. My wife decided After 2+ years she likes my 9's. I was going to try $850-$900 ish,..
He's also got am S&W Model 60 nickel in 357. My wife prefers Stainless or Nickel, but not shiny Chrome....